• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoff Game 1: Charlotte Bobcats @ Miami Heat

Anthony Tolliver is ready.

@ATolliver44: Time to go shock the world! #Playoffs2014

He might be forced to play some this series when MKG gets in foul trouble. I love CDR but LBJ would abuse him on defense. Tolliver is a bigger body who can at least body up James.

I shutter thinking about watching Tolliver play defense on Bron-Bron. I think CDR would do a better job.

Since last meeting...

Miami- 11-14

Charlotte- 16-6

Miami only won 11 more games than Charlotte. 54-28 vs 43-39. That isn't as big a gap as you'd think by listening to the doomsday negative chicken littles on here.

Charlotte is one of the hottest teams in the league & Big Al is playing at a legitimate MVP level. Miami has struggle severely the last month or so. Wade is washed up & finished. LeBron has never carried a team without Flash.

Some of you should just quit hiding in your LeBron jersey & quit acting like Charlotte fans.

That's not what I was responding to man.  

It was how intense you are about the hive/nest thing, lol.

I would suggest to the OP that he renames this thread....so the title of this thread can be used for game day.  That way we don't have to scroll through eight pages of responses to post in the 1st quarter on Sunday.

That said.....what are the keys to beat the Heat?  

We all already know that getting Big Al going is pivotal so I'm going to skip that point.   Defensively however I'd really like to see Zeller get more involved.   I think he has what it takes to help protect the paint from the Lebron drives. (Like Plumlee did).  

My major concern defensively are being able to switch the pick and roll without leaving Kemba on an island against Lebron or Wade.  Also I'd like to see MKG match up more against Wade and Henderson matched up more against Lebron.

One more point of concern is our offensive production while Ridnour is in the game.  I know he had a decent game a couple of nights ago, but without the ability to dribble drive I'm sort of scared of thinking this is where we lose.   I'd love to see them get Pargo more active at the point....we'll see what happens.

I shutter thinking about watching Tolliver play defense on Bron-Bron. I think CDR would do a better job.

Tolliver actually did a decent job against LBJ in one of the games in Miami.

He forced James to take outside shots, unfortunately James was hitting everything.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think CDR is big enough to keep LBJ out of the paint.

Tolliver actually did a decent job against LBJ in one of the games in Miami.

He forced James to take outside shots, unfortunately James was hitting everything.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think CDR is big enough to keep LBJ out of the paint.

I understand what you're saying, but I fell like Tolliver has been struggling defensively for the last month or two. I think we can all agree we're in trouble if MKG gets into early foul trouble though.

This might be trivial, but it's something that irks me. Why do people insist on calling our arena, as well as the old coliseum back in the day, "the hive" and want honeycomb courts/uniforms again?

Bees make hives, hornets make nests. There are also no honeycombs in a hive. I get the general idea, but it is really stupid if you think about it.

I should start a campaign to get people to call TWC the "the nest." Knowledge is power.

see you at the hive bro

so we got the worst first round matchup possible. no better way for the bobcats to end their miserable existance and bring on the hornets 

I'll be happy if we steal one game, great season, future looks good. 

If the Heat put out their offensive line-up on the floor (Chalmers, Wade, LBJ, Battier, and Bosh) for most of the series they will win. Jefferson can not guard Bosh. Bosh will hang out at the three point line and we all know that Al doesn't go out in that realm.

HOWEVER, if the Heat go for their defensive lineup (Chalmers, Wade, LBJ, Haslem, and Bosh) then I honestly think Charlotte will win this series. Haslem can't handle Big Al no matter what he thinks and on the offensive side, Haslem isn't exactly a barn burner. Put Al on Haslem and put McRoberts who is essentially a streakier and less offensive Bosh (they play the same exact game) on Chris Bosh and I think we win the series.

HOWEVER, if Miami goes small and makes Al guard Bosh, it could get ugly. Al can take Bosh on his end but Bosh can take Al on his end as well and we can't trade two's for there's.

Archived