• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beer recommendation thread

8 0 5

• 3 weeks later...

Asheville Brewing Ninja Porter won the World Beer Cup Gold Medal.

Not sure how I feel about that, as there are two breweries within 100 yards or so of Asheville Brewing that have remarkably better Porters.

I mean, it's a good Porter and I love their food, but that was very surprising to me.

• 8 months later...

I've got 2 growlers one 64 and one 32 oz both glass.

I had to bump because I've discovered my new favorite beer: Grand Cru Rodenbach. It's a pure Belgium red sour ale. If you like sours, this one takes the cake and it's not too expensive. Awesome awesome awesome

For IPA's I really enjoy Hop Nosh, dogfish head 90 minute, and Stone. I also like foothills brewery Death by Hops.

I went through a Chimay phase which I really like but is pretty expensive to drink all the time.

Red Oak brewery in whitsett, nc makes some good beers as well. I like battlefield.

And if I'm in the mood to drink 12 beers, I'll go with miller lite.

Pliny The Elder from Russian River is great. Ballast Pointe Sculpin is really good. I'm also a big fan of Tricerahops from Ninkasi.

A buddy of mine is a big fan of Pliny the Elder, but I haven't been able to find it in charlotte nc.

Since you're in California, have you ever seen Kilkenny Stout? It's made by Guinness but I can't find it anywhere.

A buddy of mine is a big fan of Pliny the Elder, but I haven't been able to find it in charlotte nc.

Since you're in California, have you ever seen Kilkenny Stout? It's made by Guinness but I can't find it anywhere.

Dont think you can get Pliny here.  

Archived