Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- Benjamin admits that he got tired
- Junior Salt works out for Panthers today
- Panthers draft hat has been unveiled:
- panthers mock .
- This Devin Funchess guy...(WR Michigan)
- I don't feel Bene gets enough respect from the Panther faithful
- Quotes from Panthers as Phase One of the offseason begins
- A Question brought up from IGO's latest podcast?
- Who do we open the season with?
- Why we should draft Dorial Green-Beckham
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.