Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- We can throw away the idea that we are drafting an offensive lineman in the first
- Greg Hardy suspended 10 games
- NFL.com mock has Ogbuehi and Strong
- 2015 Tailgating Menu's
- Greg Hardy making new friends
- Cam Nootin
- Tj Clemmings has Stress Fracture in his foot
- If Randy Gregory is available at # 25 ....
- Funny comment on Cam by a Browns fan
- Work conversation
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.