Luke Kuechly Photos
Latest Panthers Topics
- In twenty years whats the worst loss to date?
- David Newton (and others) think our uniforms are outdated
- App w/ ads
- So I found an old picture to blackmail my girlfriend...
- ESPN 2015 uniform power rankings
- Panthers Cam Newton Graduates From Auburn, Wants to Open a Day Care Center
- Thomas Davis confident Carolina is class of NFC South
- Thank You, Roaring Riot!
- Panther Love in Abu Dhabi
- Which 3 New Additions Are You Most Excited About?
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.