Latest Panthers Topics
- Gurley: Ready by training camp
- Brews and Bruhs - Now Open
- How Thirsty is DG for a pass rush DE?
- A "1st Round" OT dropping to 57
- Recent draft day trade "blockbusters" show just how good of a GM Gettleman is.
- We are the Greatest Fanbase eva'! Twitter says so. Thank you! The End
- Proehl drops a bunch of nuggets on WFNZ 610 AM The Fan (link and summary)
- Latest mock from Will Brinson (multiple trades)
- Panthers meeting with Landon Collins
- Why aren't we hearing more about Chris Conley?
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.