Latest Panthers Topics
- [RUMOR] Falcons to lose 2nd round pick
- Gettleman; "Me and Greg Jennings sort of kicked the tires and discussed if he would be a good fit."
- The Combine: J. Jones' speculation about possible prospects, including a WR that's making some noise
- Music City Takeover
- Panthers claim OT Jonathan Martin
- Alan Ball signs with Bears
- Saints trading again?
- Panthers checking out more OL Depth
- Ridley Nears Medical Clearance
- Current Panthers Receiver Depth Chart
Missed kick? No big deal.
In fact, if Medlock had hit that 50 yarder, he would have tied the RECORD long by an NFL kicker!
Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.
So Medlock will be fine, just fine.