• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okay I have 4.5 days to pass a drug test

8 0 5

You proved nothing Skippy.

I paid for my tuition, books, and car/gas. Again, you don't have to go to a college out of town where you have to pay for full living expenses.

Local school with in-state tuition and living at home apparently is "too good for you". Instead, just don't get a degree and expect to make $35k flipping burgers.

fuging idiot.

First off, I think you meant "Apparently, you are "too good" for going to a local school with in-state tuition and living at home." Your statement implies the exact opposite, of course we all know what you meant, I am purely arguing semantics here, but if you want to call someone a "fuging idiot" you should probably make sure you don't look like one yourself, a lot of good that degree did you.

Secondly, nowhere did I mention or imply that I was too good for either of those things, you just fail to realize not every one falls into the same cookie cutter situation you are laying out.

I actually went to a local community college with in state tuition and lived at home. Even had a couple of small scholarships to help out, so there goes your "fuging idiot" argument out the window. I also paid for my tuition, my books, and my car/gas. However, you fail to realize and take into consideration, that there are in fact more financial responsibilities than those 3 things alone, and at a certain point bill collectors don't care that you only have x amount of time until you finish school. Also, the things that I mentioned before, like rent/utilities and groceries, aren't extra curricular expenses, these are guaranteed costs of living. Some people have to go get real income producing jobs to make these ends meet, off of the practical skills and knowledge they already have or have learned outside of the four walls of an institution.

For the record, I've never flipped a burger in my entire life that wasn't on a backyard grill for my friends or family, and I'm willing to bet I am far more intelligent than you, with far more useful skills as well. But you got that fancy 2 year degree from a local school with in-state tuition while living at home all on your own, and that's too good for me, all shall bow down to your greatness...

Thank you for proving my point, again.

By the way, Where the fug do they pay 35k for flipping burgers?

fuging old idiot's

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

First off, I think you meant "Apparently, you are "too good" for going to a local school with in-state tuition and living at home." Your statement implies the exact opposite, of course we all know what you meant, I am purely arguing semantics here, but if you want to call someone a "fuging idiot" you should probably make sure you don't look like one yourself, a lot of good that degree did you.

Secondly, nowhere did I mention or imply that I was too good for either of those things, you just fail to realize not every one falls into the same cookie cutter situation you are laying out.

I actually went to a local community college with in state tuition and lived at home. Even had a couple of small scholarships to help out, so there goes your "fuging idiot" argument out the window. I also paid for my tuition, my books, and my car/gas. However, you fail to realize and take into consideration, that there are in fact more financial responsibilities than those 3 things alone, and at a certain point bill collectors don't care that you only have x amount of time until you finish school. Also, the things that I mentioned before, like rent/utilities and groceries, aren't extra curricular expenses, these are guaranteed costs of living. Some people have to go get real income producing jobs to make these ends meet, off of the practical skills and knowledge they already have or have learned outside of the four walls of an institution.

For the record, I've never flipped a burger in my entire life that wasn't on a backyard grill for my friends or family, and I'm willing to bet I am far more intelligent than you, with far more useful skills as well. But you got that fancy 2 year degree from a local school with in-state tuition while living at home all on your own, and that's too good for me, all shall bow down to your greatness...

Thank you for proving my point, again.

By the way, Where the fug do they pay 35k for flipping burgers?

fuging old idiot's

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

First...all you did was make every excuse as to why people cannot afford school without massive debt.  I showed that you CAN do it if you want it bad enough.

Too many people going to $40k a year liberal arts colleges and majoring in sociology....then bitching about the fact that they have to pay back their student loans and can't find jobs.

Second...you don't make 35k now for flipping bugers.  But, that is exactly what $15 an hour minimum wage will create....$32k a year for flipping burgers

First...all you did was make every excuse as to why people cannot afford school without massive debt.  I showed that you CAN do it if you want it bad enough.

Too many people going to $40k a year liberal arts colleges and majoring in sociology....then bitching about the fact that they have to pay back their student loans and can't find jobs.

Second...you don't make 35k now for flipping bugers.  But, that is exactly what $15 an hour minimum wage will create....$32k a year for flipping burgers

There are many reasons people have to go out of state for school. Lets say you applied to 20 different medical schools? Or perhaps you're awesome enough to be like me and only 18 schools in the whole country offer the major you want.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/05/20/director-comey-fbi-grappling-with-hiring-policy-concerning-marijuana/

Monday was a big day for the nation’s cyber police. The Justice Department charged five Chinese military officials with hacking, and brought charges against the creators of powerful hacking software.

But FBI Director James B. Comey said Monday that if the FBI hopes to continue to keep pace with cyber criminals, the organization may have to loosen up its no-tolerance policy for hiring those who like to smoke marijuana.

Congress has authorized the FBI to add 2,000 personnel to its rolls this year, and many of those new recruits will be assigned to tackle cyber crimes, a growing priority for the agency. And that’s a problem, Mr. Comey told the White Collar Crime Institute, an annual conference held at the New York City Bar Association in Manhattan. A lot of the nation’s top computer programmers and hacking gurus are also fond of marijuana.

“I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cyber criminals and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview,” Mr. Comey said.

If it's OK for the FBI...

Archived