• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st round mock draft

jfo89

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Matthews

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sammy Watkins

4. (Trade) Minnesota Vikings: Khalil Mack

5. Oakland Raiders: Mike Evans

6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Johnny Manziel

8. (Trade)Cleveland Browns: Blake Bortles

9. Buffalo Bills: Eric Ebron

10. Detroit Lions: Justin Gilbert

11. Tennessee Titans: Anthony Barr

12. New York Giants: Zack Martin

13. St. Louis Rams: Haha Clinton-Dix

14. Chicago Bears: Aaron Donald

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darqueze Dennard

16. (Trade)San Francisco 49ers: Odell Beckham Jr.

17. Baltimore Ravens: Taylor Lewan

18. New York Jets: Brandin Cooks

19. Miami Dolphins: CJ Mosley

20. Arizona Cardinals: Calvin Pryor

21. Green Bay Packers: Ryan Shazier

22. Philadelphia Eagles: Marqise Lee

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Xavier Sua-Filo

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Bradley Roby

25. San Diego Chargers: Kyle Fuller

26. Cleveland Browns: Kelvin Benjamin

27. New Orleans Saints: Kony Ealy

28. Carolina panthers: Jason Verrett

29. New England Patriots: Jace Amaro

30. (Trade)Dallas Cowboys: Louis Nix

31. Denver Broncos: Dee Ford

32. (Trade) Jacksonville Jaguars: Teddy Bridgewater

A Few Notes:

- With Blackmon possibly out for the season the Jaguars got a big playmaker for their offense

- Despite the fall, I still believe that Bridgewater is the best QB in this draft. Gabbert was scared to take a hit and crumbled under pressure, with Bridgewater the jaguars are taking a guy who has proven he can take a hit, and can make all the throws.

-Mike Evans is supposedly shooting up draft boards, and the raiders could use the big receiving threat no matter who they have under center.

- I think the Lions will try to move up for watkins, but the price will be too high

-Manziel, we like it when you try to leave the pocket, meet Luke and Td.

- I'm not quite sold on Barr, but I think he does have a lot of untapped potential, and if the titans can get it out of him then he will be very good.

- San Francisco has a ton of picks and a loaded roster, why not move up to get a very solid playmaker to challenge the Legion of Boom.

- there were a lot of rumors about the Jets and Tavon Austin last year and cooks fits a similar mold.

-Green Bays' defense is going to be better this year with the addition of Shazier.

- Cleveland at 26 was really hard to predict, and I honestly don't think Benjamin is a 1st round prospect, but I picked him anyways, and I hope he proves me wrong

- so pick 28. We got a little screwed with everyone that was already off the board, but tackle and receiver are deep and I think we can get Adams/ Matthews/ Moncrief in the 2nd. I prefer landry but I think Gettleman wants big receivers. I digress. This pick to me came down to Verrett, Bitonio, Moses, Or a pass rusher. I did not want to pick Verrett, but in the end he was BPA, and we do need a nickel corner with Munnerlyn gone. Another criteria that I broke with this pick is "it's a big mans game" but I don't think we will draft anyone else under 6ft.

This is going to be the great dilemma for the Panthers.

Top 6 WR's could be gone, Top 4 OT's could be gone.  Top 2 or 3 CB's could be gone.

Since February, I have been worried about this.  Have been hoping that whole time that Jax or someone would want to trade back into the first round, but it is tough if you try to be realistic about the 28th pick.

Most guys just say, "hey, I am picking OBJ and then J Matthews in the second", blah, blah blah, and guys come in and say "great mock" and talk about their orgasms.  Whatever makes you feel good I guess.

But, This is very well the way it could go at 28.

We could get very lucky and someone fall to us like a Lee, but we had better prepare ourselves for a BPA at 28 just in case

Many folks have Cyrus and Moses ranked in the 35-45 range.  Verrett is generally ranked well above them at 25-30 most of the time.  Thus the BPA.

Who knows, Gman might take a liking to one of the OT's, but when I look at the Giants history, I do not see them going that route.  CB, S, WR was generally the positions they liked to fill early.

Again, not cheerleading for Verrett, but saying that our main needs might be a reach at 28

I don't see that the Giants history is relevant. DG wasn't the guy making the picks and while he might have had some input it wasn't his call.

Also, I don't have a problem with BPA at 28, but I don't want a midget, nickel CB in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This is going to be the great dilemma for the Panthers.

Top 6 WR's could be gone, Top 4 OT's could be gone.  Top 2 or 3 CB's could be gone.

Since February, I have been worried about this.  Have been hoping that whole time that Jax or someone would want to trade back into the first round, but it is tough if you try to be realistic about the 28th pick.

Most guys just say, "hey, I am picking OBJ and then J Matthews in the second", blah, blah blah, and guys come in and say "great mock" and talk about their orgasms.  Whatever makes you feel good I guess.

But, This is very well the way it could go at 28.

We could get very lucky and someone fall to us like a Lee, but we had better prepare ourselves for a BPA at 28 just in case

yep exactly. I would love for Lee to fall, but I had to be realistic about it. Last year I mocked star to us because that's how I thought it would fall. This year things didn't quite work out as well but I'm not going to mock a player to us that I don't think will realistically be there. Nobody knows for sure how the draft is going to play out so I could be wrong and I hope I am. 

I don't see that the Giants history is relevant. DG wasn't the guy making the picks and while he might have had some input it wasn't his call.

Also, I don't have a problem with BPA at 28, but I don't want a midget, nickel CB in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Neither do I but if I'm being honest with myself, he's probably BPA.

When Charley Casserly says Cyrus is better than former teammate and 2013 11 overall pick DJ Fluker, that says to me he should be a first rounder.

keep in mind that this is a much deeper draft

Archived