• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More draft rumors...Jordan Matthews in the first?

CPF4LIFE

Pretty much.  I love Matthews.  I think he may end up being the best WR out of this class.

IDK about the best in the class but he is way up there. I think he will be a great WR in the NFL and want that to be for the Panthers.

I don't necessarily agree with everything you just said, but I'm of a similar mindset.  I've been all about avoiding Lee like the plague.  I don't feel as strongly about OBJ, but you're right that Mettenberger is a very good college QB and he also benefits from playing beside another very good college WR in Landry.  I wouldn't shock me if Landry turns into the better pro.  OBJ definitely has the higher ceiling, but Landry probably has the higher floor.  I don't think Landry will ever be a star, but I could see him having a similar NFL career to the two vets we just signed - Cotchery and Avant.

I think Landry comes in day one as good as Cotchery and Avant.so they are his floor I am think more like Landry ceiling at Moose level.

I don't think either Moncrief or Matthews are overrated.  Matthews seems fairly solidly locked into a 2nd round spot while Moncrief seems late 2nd, early 3rd.  When you look at their physical tools and production, it's tough to call either overrated at those spots in the draft.  Both, especially Matthews, would probably be getting 1st round discussion in most draft classes.  This WR draft is just crazy stacked.

Sorry,I call a spade a spade. Numbers and production can be the product of a system or scheme. 

What system and scheme?  Hell, both were pretty much their teams' only viable weapon and neither played with a decent QB.  Both produced despite being the primary focus of SEC defenses week in and week out.

I don't think either Moncrief or Matthews are overrated.  Matthews seems fairly solidly locked into a 2nd round spot while Moncrief seems late 2nd, early 3rd.  When you look at their physical tools and production, it's tough to call either overrated at those spots in the draft.  Both, especially Matthews, would probably be getting 1st round discussion in most draft classes.  This WR draft is just crazy stacked.

Well i can agree with you on your placement of the two. But i see to many people who just love these two players and would rather have them in the first. Don't get me wrong i would jump for joy with matthews at 60. But at 28.....NO sir. and i'm just not a fan of moncrief let's the ball get into his body way to much to me. That erases the fact that he is a big wideout.

What system and scheme?  Hell, both were pretty much their teams' only viable weapon and neither played with a decent QB.  Both produced despite being the primary focus of SEC defenses week in and week out.

Matthews caught a high number of screens inflating his numbers and being the only dog in the show helps on a bad vandy team. Creif was in a similar situation until this year where a freshman became the number one wr over him.

Matthews caught a high number of screens inflating his numbers and being the only dog in the show helps on a bad vandy team. Creif was in a similar situation until this year where a freshman became the number one wr over him.

If you don't have a QB, you gotta get the ball to your playmakers somehow.

If you don't have a QB, you gotta get the ball to your playmakers somehow.

plus if he is the only dog in the show he should have been easly sht down if he was targeted. I see this as a positive as he was till able to produce with little support. he is up to the challenge.

Archived