• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th Round - Carolina selects Tre Boston, S, UNC

Ruff

Love watching guys, whose day consists of the equivalent asking people if they want fries with that, critiquing a draft that us executed by people who are paid six and seven figures for evaluating talent.

Better than any sitcom on TV

Love watching guys, whose day consists of the equivalent asking people if they want fries with that, critiquing a draft that us executed by people who are paid six and seven figures for evaluating talent.

Better than any sitcom on TV

Oh wow, Mad Hatter comes in to talk poo, who didn't see that coming? Gotta keep trying to cover up that insecurity.  

Give me another oft-used insult that requires negative amounts of creativity. Maybe "ding fries are done," "you are the weakest link," or something along those lines. 

Please, puff your chest out a little bit more. It's thoroughly entertaining, especially when coupled with the "look at me, I can insult people whilst still trying to tell myself I have the upper hand in terms of maturity."

I think it's gonna rival the worst drafts we've ever had in team history.

Bpa usually works. Look at getting Luke when we had beason. Everyone freaked out.

They may not all be needs but damn these are solid picks particularly rnd 2,3

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Bpa usually works. Look at getting Luke when we had beason. Everyone freaked out.

They may not all be needs but damn these are solid picks particularly rnd 2,3

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I was STOKED when we got Luke. Pretty happy getting KB, too. Beyond that? Not so much.

Oh wow, Mad Hatter comes in to talk poo, who didn't see that coming? Gotta keep trying to cover up that insecurity.

Give me another oft-used insult that requires negative amounts of creativity. Maybe "ding fries are done," "you are the weakest link," or something along those lines.

Please, puff your chest out a little bit more. It's thoroughly entertaining, especially when coupled with the "look at me, I can insult people whilst still trying to tell myself I have the upper hand in terms of maturity."

Keep thinking that you know ANYTHING about evaluating talent or running a draft. You are as adept at that as you are at performing heart surgery.

Do I understand every pick we made? No

Does it impact me and my life? No

Do I know anything about evaluating NFL talent? No

Do I enjoy watching you make a complete ass out of yourself? Hell yes U do.

Carry on

Keep thinking that you know ANYTHING about evaluating talent or running a draft. You are as adept at that as you are at performing heart surgery.

Do I understand every pick we made? No

Does it impact me and my life? No

Do I know anything about evaluating NFL talent? No

Do I enjoy watching you make a complete ass out of yourself? Hell yes U do.

Carry on

I'm not sure where I said I was doing anything other than reacting off gut instinct, which, if your reading comprehension skills were acceptable, would show I claimed no talent evaluation ability. I'd said just a bit before that I was hoping I was wrong.

I even admitted I had whiffed on the 2010 draft when I was so sold on it. 

I just don't get why you have to come in and beef with me every time I say anything negative towards the team. I say plenty of positive things when I see things done correctly as well. I'm the sort who calls it like I see it.

I didn't think this was a good draft for us. That opinion certainly isn't uncommon. Maybe one of these guys will be a stud.

But to play the tired, old "someone disagrees with me, therefore I must assume they work a low-paying job" schtick just doesn't work anymore, man. I think educators are horribly underpaid. Doesn't mean they have no right to an opinion. Same goes for other jobs. The days of everyone being an idiot if they post on a message board are long gone.

Well, maybe they're gone. I'm not sure yet.

I'm not sure where I said I was doing anything other than reacting off gut instinct, which, if your reading comprehension skills were acceptable, would show I claimed no talent evaluation ability. I'd said just a bit before that I was hoping I was wrong.

I even admitted I had whiffed on the 2010 draft when I was so sold on it.

I just don't get why you have to come in and beef with me every time I say anything negative towards the team. I say plenty of positive things when I see things done correctly as well. I'm the sort who calls it like I see it.

I didn't think this was a good draft for us. That opinion certainly isn't uncommon. Maybe one of these guys will be a stud.

But to play the tired, old "someone disagrees with me, therefore I must assume they work a low-paying job" schtick just doesn't work anymore, man. I think educators are horribly underpaid. Doesn't mean they have no right to an opinion. Same goes for other jobs. The days of everyone being an idiot if they post on a message board are long gone.

Well, maybe they're gone. I'm not sure yet.

You have ranted and raved for two days. That us what is amusing.

I am surprised that we did not take an OT. But, after prob the 4th round, the guys on our roster are prob better. Hell two if the guys everyone has been screaming for since the 2nd round (Hurst and Tiny) are still on the board and will likely go undrafted.

Ealy was too good in the 2nd to pass up...not to mention the Hardy and CJ issue looming.

S and CB were needs and we addressed both.

Would have taken another WR, but again it was not my call.

Obvious UNC haters in ABCers in this thread. 

First, I was a little surprised by the pick. Would have rather had Hurst. But I watch UNC football religiously and Boston can play both safety positions as well as CB. He's a big time hitter and good tackler. He would have been drafted last year. 

UNC's defense, especially the secondary, was awful last year. They could't stop anyone. The DL was okay with 'Reem but the LBs were inconsistent and I still think UNC had one of the worst secondaries in the ACC. Boston was one of the lone bright spots and he caught a lot of BS but he had to cover a lot of ground due to the poor defensive play. 

I like the pick but don't love it. It's going to be interesting to see if they play around with him on nickel packages and have him play some corner. 

Go heels (and ecu)!

Is Boston a SS or FS??

SS "officially" - but like I said he moved around at UNC each year. He's started every at every position in the secondary and played some nickel early on. He's versatile and can tackle. He kinda had a down year this season but everyone in the secondary and Carolina defense except for Kareem Martin did as well. I like the pick and he is a football player. 

Archived