• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Building my first computer tonight

The Saltman

Wish me luck guys.

Here is the list of parts.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $179.99) 

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($31.99 @ Mwave) 

Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($494.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 

Case:  Thermaltake Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $58.29) 

Power Supply:  SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor:  [url=http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-monitor-t24c550nd]Samsung T24C550ND 23.6" Monitor  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1294.20

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-12 20:20 EDT-0400)

I already had an old viewsonic display that I'm adding plus an old black wd 1tbhdd. My GPU is from my old computer so I'm not upgrading right now. 

Good call on the solid state drive, it seems pricey at first but it is well worth it for the speed in the end imo.

The rest looks good as well, I doubt you'll have any heating issues. The 660 ti 2GB is more than capable of handling majority of games out there, or rendering.(I'm running the same)

Enjoy it, take pics and post em! First builds can seem nerve-racking (at least for me it did) just take your time. Enjoy the new PC!

(hope nothing arrived DOA :( )

Yeah, 1.2k is pricey but that's mostly from the 1TB ssd which will last in regards to $/gb. ( in the 1TB+ range)

Throw in a new monitor for a dual screen setup and that's half the price.

For a first time build if you have the money and are happy with what you got/wanted. Then it's not bad at all. Most 1tb ssd run North of $500.

i'm not gonna give salty poo over it like i would some posters because i know he's doing it for the learning experience, and not so he can brag about how much money he (didn't actually) save

good for you bro, but damn that was a chunk you coulda dropped on a nvidia 780 or ati 7970 or some crazy poo

I said that I had the gpu from my old computer. I bought it a year ago so I just transferred it. I know the set up is a lot of money but I tried to save where I could and didn't cheap out when it concerned the mobo and the cpu. Btw a lot of these prices were cheaper when I bought it so I probably spent about 150 bucks less.

I said that I had the gpu from my old computer. I bought it a year ago so I just transferred it. I know the set up is a lot of money but I tried to save where I could and didn't cheap out when it concerned the mobo and the cpu. Btw a lot of these prices were cheaper when I bought it so I probably spent about 150 bucks less.

You forgot an important part.

5044325-768054-dynamite-bomb-with-clock-

Archived