• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer season 2014-2015

Ja  Rhule

Ok, so who joins Spurs as manager?

Talk is Pochettino, but I just don't see him leaving Southampton. He's got a great gig there, and they're pretty happy with him.

Van Gaal? Nope, looks like ManUre have jumped on that ship quickly, and honestly, it works out better for all parties imo. He fits in well as a guy who can turn the team around while replacing older vets with younger talent, wants to do it a few years only, and can groom Giggs to be his eventual successor. I'm hoping Spurs are looking for a long-term guy, who will be there the next 10 years or so. So, LVG wouldn't fit that for the long-term.

Someone no one's heard of? Not likely, as the fans would lynch Levy at that point. Besides, if we wanted a guy who may or may not succeed, we should have just stuck with Sherwood.

I'd like to see us go after De Boer. I think he'd fit well with the club, the players, and the fans. He'd bring back attacking, exciting football, all while not ignoring the defense or tactics. I think he gives Spurs the best shot at winning, and finishing higher in the standings next year.

Flo Perez has a hard on for Benz so it wouldn't shock me. 

Sounds like Real has an agreement with Sevilla for Rakitic. Good player, but not starting XI caliber for RM. Also, Di Maria does look like the most likely to be sold between him and Benz, though both could still go. Likely "big" targets for the Summer are obviously Suarez, but also Vidal from Juventus. Seems like Juve wants to keep Pogba for at least another season, so Real has turned their sights to Vidal to replace Khedira in the midfield. I still would rather them go in for Pogba and find a "bargain" #9 who will compliment Bale and Ronaldo but whatever, Flo wants his 3 Galacticos up front. Just hope we don't lose Isco to fund the Suarez move. Di Maria, Benz, Khedira, Morata sure, but not Isco...

Ok, so who joins Spurs as manager?

Talk is Pochettino, but I just don't see him leaving Southampton. He's got a great gig there, and they're pretty happy with him.

Van Gaal? Nope, looks like ManUre have jumped on that ship quickly, and honestly, it works out better for all parties imo. He fits in well as a guy who can turn the team around while replacing older vets with younger talent, wants to do it a few years only, and can groom Giggs to be his eventual successor. I'm hoping Spurs are looking for a long-term guy, who will be there the next 10 years or so. So, LVG wouldn't fit that for the long-term.

Someone no one's heard of? Not likely, as the fans would lynch Levy at that point. Besides, if we wanted a guy who may or may not succeed, we should have just stuck with Sherwood.

I'd like to see us go after De Boer. I think he'd fit well with the club, the players, and the fans. He'd bring back attacking, exciting football, all while not ignoring the defense or tactics. I think he gives Spurs the best shot at winning, and finishing higher in the standings next year.

It's most likely going to be Pochettino. Southy are looking at a mass-exodus of their top players. They will take a considerable step backward next year. De Boer would be a good fit, but he has won four consecutive titles at Ajax and is endeared in Holland. I don't see him wanting to leave to compete with the likes of Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, and Liverpool.

Costa and Arda will both miss The Final on Saturday. Ouch! The odds will greatly be in Real's favor now.

As for our Summer departures and acquisitions, I think Benzema, Di Maria and Isco are gone. We'll likely sell/move all three in order to bring in Vidal and Suarez. Frankly, I don't mind Vidal over Pogba at this point but I rather we get both from Juventus and take Mandzukic instead of Suarez. Losing Isco will blow but he's wasting away on our bench. In addition, we're paying Illara too much. He needs to step up at Lisbon and show his worth or he could be sold too.

Yes...

I know Wenger have a hard on for Benzema and Cavani. I think 1 of these 2 will end up in Arsenal. It's just painful to watch Giroud. I will not be surprised if Wenger will try to get a combo of Di Maria/Benzema. He tried to get Di Maria/Ozil last year but it did not happen.

I thought the media here was reporting that Cavani was staying? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else.

It's gotten to the stage where I don't care who comes in to replace Sherwood, as Spurs probably won't give him enough time to put his mark on things. When someone on here first mentioned Pulis for the job I immediately rubbished it thinking it's the wrong fit for him, although I'm warming to it.

Did anyone see the Osasuna vs areal Betis highlights? O_o

Doubt there is any way Real Madrid go after Mandzukic. He's just not a big enough signing. He's a guy who can't even stay in favor on a roster where he is essentially the only striker.

Oh I know it won't happen, it would just be my preference. Plenty of scoring punch up front as is if you add a supplemental 9. The Midfield needs some serious work though. 

I thought the media here was reporting that Cavani was staying? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else.

It's gotten to the stage where I don't care who comes in to replace Sherwood, as Spurs probably won't give him enough time to put his mark on things. When someone on here first mentioned Pulis for the job I immediately rubbished it thinking it's the wrong fit for him, although I'm warming to it.

Did anyone see the Osasuna vs areal Betis highlights? O_o

It's not even June. Cavani will be "going to" every club in the world before next season rolls around.

Archived