• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More of the same from NFP

bababoey

Well we overachieved last year but underachieved the prior two years, so really we're due for another year of overachieving.

On the other hand, the law of averages is a bitch, and she hates black cats.

Well i cant get it to open, but i will say this:

Last year we won a good amount of close games. We could have easily been 8-8 if we didn't make a small group of plays. The two years before were basically the same except we LOST close games. We could have been in the playoffs if we made a small handful of plays when we needed to, but we didn't. I think we are a team that wins close games now.

Can you say we WILL take a step back? No, but with teams improving it isn't out of the question.

Call me a blind homer, but I think we are going to be better. We might only go 10 or 11 wins because of improved division opponents, but I think we will have a better shot at a deep playoff run. Our interior OL should improve the run game which in turn should improve the passing game. With the addition of KB and Cotchery, I think our red zone numbers are going to be gaudy.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I am in the crowd who thinks our receiver group will be better this year compared to last.  We have a group in Avant, Cotchery and Underwood that are better than  Hixon, Ginn and LaFell as receivers (Ginn is still going to be missed as a returner).  The only guy who we knew we couldn't replace is Smith and that is as much for who he is as what he has left in the tank.  Still we have all clamored for his replacement and Benjamin is that replacement.  He is the next awesome receiver for us and he better fits the kind of receiver Cam needs with his tendency to throw high at times.

I noticed McNutt, a sixth rounder, King, a fifth rounder, and Philly Brown, a UDFA are not being considered in the mix yet if we had drafted 3 receivers in this draft and picked up another UDFA, everyone would have been talking about how we really went all out to improve.  After all look at what is being said about  Tampa and how they improved so much picking up 2 receivers in the draft. We not only brought in 3 vets but 4 guys from the draft whether it is this draft or the last one. Maybe it is the time of year and maybe I am drinking the koolaid but I think if we can find a left tackle honestly I think we are more dynamic than last year.  With Ramsdell the coaching has improved and overall the offensive personnel has improved.

it really isnt that egregious of an article.  it isnt like any reporter is really going to go out on a limb and predict against the obvious this time of year.

Just what I thought. Seems like a fairly standard preview of a team that had a good year but lost some pieces and could regress a bit. Other than that, it was a pretty pointless preview written in May.  

Archived