• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Future Parents: Stop Giving Your Boys the Snip

Captroop

Really, move this to the Tinder Box before it hits 50 pages. Captroop is on a soap box, others can't see his side, and it will never be agreed upon by either party.

How is it a soap box? How is this discussion even Tinderbox-worthy? In this forum, I remind you, there's a thread concerning whether or not we should wipe our asses with something wet rather than dry. If you think this belongs in the Tinderbox, you should probably ask yourself why it offends you so much.

The video just explaining the origin of the tradition of circumcision in the US. Should we just accept it as tradition? Watch the video, and if, upon being armed with the knowledge of why you, I and most other American males were cut, still think it's a good idea. Go ahead! Snip away! Everyone does it anyway.

All I'm trying to do is arm people with information that's be largely ignored, disputed or distorted.

How is it a soap box? How is this discussion even Tinderbox-worthy? In this forum, I remind you, there's a thread concerning whether or not we should wipe our asses with something wet rather than dry. If you think this belongs in the Tinderbox, you should probably ask yourself why it offends you so much.

The video just explaining the origin of the tradition of circumcision in the US. Should we just accept it as tradition? Watch the video, and if, upon being armed with the knowledge of why you, I and most other American males were cut, still think it's a good idea. Go ahead! Snip away! Everyone does it anyway.

All I'm trying to do is arm people with information that's be largely ignored, disputed or distorted.

Only about 20% of the world snip their penises.

Uncircumcised dick is like a superhero in mask. He only reveals himself when he ready for action.

I'm not offended. I couldn't care less what a family chooses to do for their boy. If I have a child I will have him snipped. My point is that I've seen threads like this before on other forums and they get out of hand. I was jokingly suggesting it be moved. And I said "soap box" because you obviously feel the need to try and get people to stop snipping, thus why you created this thread to begin with.

I'm not offended. I couldn't care less what a family chooses to do for their boy. If I have a child I will have him snipped. My point is that I've seen threads like this before on other forums and they get out of hand. I was jokingly suggesting it be moved. And I said "soap box" because you obviously feel the need to try and get people to stop snipping, thus why you created this thread to begin with.

Likewise, I was joking by hyperbolically suggesting people should stop circumcising their kids wholesale. It really doesn't make a difference one way or the other. I just think it's funny that most people have it done with no real idea why outside of, "Well, it should look like mine." The origin of the American cultural tradition is pretty fascinating, and I wanted to share it.

Honestly I just care about the origins of things. They're fascinating. The etymology of words, the history of cultural exercises. And more interesting is how people leap to defend their bizarre social traditions. It just shows how ingrained they are in our culture.

I'm circumsized and happy. I couldn'y imagine having all the skin hanging there. Nasty. Every girl I have ever been with have told me uncircumcised wieners are disguusing and they were glad mine was

So u been with girls that been around plenty of sausages.

if there is really no medical benefit, then I would have thought that health insurance companies would've stopped paying for it long ago.

thoughts?

From the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/basics/why-its-done/prc-20013585

and a rebuttal from the prestigious medical website 'circumstitions': http://www.circumstitions.com/Mayo.html

Cut em. Why not? Other than "oh it's natural, blah blah blah. More sensitive blahhhh."

See, this argument makes the least sense of all to me. If we agree it really makes no difference one way or the other, why would you chose in favor of surgery? That's like getting your appendix removed at birth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived