• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Stanley Cup Final...

KillerKat

While the goalie interference call may have been questionable, the fact the Rangers got 2 more power plays (Nash flopped after skating into Williams) and the Carter "hit" on Lundy (I would have called the slash- the shoulder bump was just that- a bump and Lundy flopped like a college basketball player) and didn't even get a shot on goal in those 2 power plays is just bad.

Think of it- 4 minutes of power play and you didn't even get a shot on goal while the Kings got a total of 5 short-handed shots on goal in those same power plays.

The Rangers cannot go out there and try to be physical with the Kings, their legs won't last (as we've seen). The Rangers also cannot go out there with afterburners on and try to speed past the Kings either, their legs won't last. So, it remains to be seen just how the Rangers are going to deal with LA. I'm thinking we may see the ol' neutral zone trap like NJ used to play back in the day...  looked like they were using it some last night toward the end of regulation. 

What the hell are you doing Dwight King...

Placement not power.

King is by far the least talented of the forwards with Clifford being the close second. At this stage of the playoffs, I would rank Trevor Lewis above Mike Richards based on their play.

How is he trash? He's let in 2 less goals than the "superior" King and he has a Conn Smythe?

Cause he looks like what Ward did when he started his downfall. He's not dominate like he used to be. Very beatable. Making too many mistakes. Which sucks cause Quick is one of my favorite American players in the league. Only thing Quick has that Ward didn't though is a better team around him.

I love Tanner Pearson.

If Eric Staal worked as hard as Pearson did then he'd be a top five player in the NHL.

I'm going to be honest and and hated Pearson when the season started. I got used to his speed and hustle that you would see from a young one trying to make the roster. His pairing on the 70s line has really made him very attractive.

My only grumbling is Mike Richards. He needs to go like yesterday. He is paid like a 1st line centerman and contributes like he's down in Manchester.

Archived