• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group A

Goondal

Brazil 2-1-0 (+5) 7

Mexico 2-1-0 (+3) 7

Croatia 1-0-2 (EV) 3
Cameroon 0-0-1 (-5) 0

While I would love to see this group get interesting I do not expect anything less than an easy road for Brazil.  I expect them to roll with all nine points and then roll into the quarters.  Even the battle for second does not interest me much.  The winner likely gets Spain in the Round of 16 and even if Chile or the Dutch comes out on top in Group B I do not see any of these teams making much noise.  Should either Croatia or Mexico earn a point against Brazil they have a huge advantage, although I do not see either happening.  For my prediction I will go with Croatia finishing second before falling easily to Spain.

Perhaps it's my hatred for Neymar, but I actually think Croatia has a very decent shot to draw against Brazil IF the host country doesn't get a couple of political calls. Croatia is home to the best midfield combo in the world, and with Mandzukic up top trying to show out for prospective clubs can definitely give Brazil trouble. 

Perhaps it's my hatred for Neymar, but I actually think Croatia has a very decent shot to draw against Brazil IF the host country doesn't get a couple of political calls. Croatia is home to the best midfield combo in the world, and with Mandzukic up top trying to show out for prospective clubs can definitely give Brazil trouble. 

My prediction is that Croatia goes up early. Brazil has a lot of weight on them and they will come out tense. Croatia has a solid attack with Modric, Rakitic, and Mandzukic. However, I think the second half is all Brazil. Brazil by a goal.

Archived