• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron in the purple and teal?

SIGCHI222

Really??

Yeah.  If Lebron came here, any championship he wins here would just be a part of his overall legacy, and not so much a Charlotte legacy.  What the Spurs did last night and over the years is all Spurs oriented.  That's the kind of thing I want for us.

Yeah. If Lebron came here, any championship he wins here would just be a part of his overall legacy, and not so much a Charlotte legacy. What the Spurs did last night and over the years is all Spurs oriented. That's the kind of thing I want for us.

This May be the strangest comment I've ever read that makes complete sense.

Still, a title is a title.

There is now way a player who is trying to build a brand like Lebron is, would play for a smaller market franchise. No way whatsoever! You could ask Jordan if he would ever played for the Milwaukee Bucks or Portland Trailblazers in his prime? No way. His brand was built in Chicago, maybe LA, maybe Miami, or New York. A few destinations were acceptable. Jordan gets it. Teams can win in small markets like San Antonio but from Madison Ave perspective, it has a lot of negativity. 

There is now way a player who is trying to build a brand like Lebron is, would play for a smaller market franchise. No way whatsoever! You could ask Jordan if he would ever played for the Milwaukee Bucks or Portland Trailblazers in his prime? No way. His brand was built in Chicago, maybe LA, maybe Miami, or New York. A few destinations were acceptable. Jordan gets it. Teams can win in small markets like San Antonio but from Madison Ave perspective, it has a lot of negativity. 

Wonder how the true "King" would reply to this.

Yeah. If Lebron came here, any championship he wins here would just be a part of his overall legacy, and not so much a Charlotte legacy. What the Spurs did last night and over the years is all Spurs oriented. That's the kind of thing I want for us.

Only on the Huddle would you see a we would win a championship with Lebron post...and responses are..I'll pass...id rather do it another way...lol

It may sound a little strange, but I don't this place to be Lebron's next stop.  By the way, didn't we get on Heat fans for bringing in all that star power and buying a championship?  So what would that say about us if we followed their example, although it would only be Lebron coming to Charlotte.  With all that said, I would rather see us win with team work and not be known as a great team because of one player.

What I really want is to bring in Kevin Love.  Now he's a star in his own right, but he's not carrying the baggage of "best player in the world".  I see him and Big Al as equals, and I see MKG and Kemba as emerging stars.  With that group of guys leading the team, we can definitely win a few championships.

It may sound a little strange, but I don't this place to be Lebron's next stop. By the way, didn't we get on Heat fans for bringing in all that star power and buying a championship? So what would that say about us if we followed their example, although it would only be Lebron coming to Charlotte. With all that said, I would rather see us win with team work and not be known as a great team because of one player.

What I really want is to bring in Kevin Love. Now he's a star in his own right, but he's not carrying the baggage of "best player in the world". I see him and Big Al as equals, and I see MKG and Kemba as emerging stars. With that group of guys leading the team, we can definitely win a few championships.

Last year when they went for Al Jefferson it was clear they didn't want to tank and lose more games. They wanted to win games. Now perhaps they didn't expect play off basketball, but they certainly wanted to make that jump. With that in mind, what is the next logical step for this team?

We hold the #9 and #24 picks in the draft and a second rounder. Do we simply add three prospects to nurture and develop, and hope that they can improve the team enough to push us up the standings? Or do we need to look at bringing a star, or at least another borderline star to this team to boost our chances of competing for a championship?

The problem we have now is that we aren't bad enough to get a potentially franchise changing player at the top of the draft, but we aren't good enough to win a championship. So that leaves two roads: 1 - blow up the team and start again, or 2 - sign a star or borderline star.

For me, the only way this team makes a jump and competes for a championship is if we 'buy it' by bringing in a mercenary like LeBron, Melo or Love. Now sure, it would be nice to build a team like the Spurs, predominantly through the draft, and win championships galore. But many teams have own championships by adding stars from other teams, and if the hornets are to win one, we'll need to 'buy it'.

Archived