• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up: Who are you sold on at #9?

davos

No one.

There's not a complete player that fits our system at nine.

If I had to pick, I'd take Stauskas.

Not too many players get drafted at 9 with the perception of them being a complete player. That's why they are young and grow into superstars. Even Lebron wasnt a complete player. I understand what u mean but I think it's unfair to say that about these players we could draft at 9

Not too many players get drafted at 9 with the perception of them being a complete player. That's why they are young and grow into superstars. Even Lebron wasnt a complete player. I understand what u mean but I think it's unfair to say that about these players we could draft at 9

LeBron was pretty close to being a complete player. He obviously grew into the player he became but there wasn't a glaring weakness in his game.

At nine I would like our player to be able to shoot and play defense... there isn't a player at nine that can do that.... It's just a bunch of one-dimensional players.

Hairston and Warren seem like the best options to me. I'd try trade with Chicago so we can select both.

Like I mentioned before, Stauskas would be my pick but he's a huge liability on defense.

Neither Stauskas or McDermott will ever sniff "superstar." 

Sincerely,

Real Life

i think i would pick saric if he confirms he will come and play for us this year. if not id trade the pick if gordon is still on the board (as i feel someone will give up something worthwhile for him plus a mid first rounder). apart from that, stauskas would be my pick because of team need and i think he could develop into an acceptable defender under steve clifford

PJ at #9??

He may be there at #24.  I don't see anyway we pick him at #9.  Maybe if we move back to middle of 1st round

Why can't we draft him at #9?  He fits in very nicely with our needs and has proven he can handle NBA life.  There isn't very much difference between each player right now.  What will make the differnece is how they adot to NBA life and PJ has so far shown that he is equipped to play at the profession level.  PJ has the best risk/reward profile of anyone in the draft from my view.  The only outstanding issue is his personal life and I think we will help with that.

I agree with you on Lavine, but the kid can straight up knock down 3s. Boy has deep NBA range. I'm not even talking about wanting him due to huge upside and athleticism. I could careless about that.

I'm a fan of Payton, but Ennis is a day 1 starter. Much safer pick and high basketball IQ. Size is the only concern.

If you could care less about his upside and athleticism, why not take Mcdermott or Staus instead? They both are better nba range shooters.

For me, unless someone irresistible falls, I take Mcdermott at #9. Completely sold on his scoring impact and he would have a positive impact on his teammates due to floor spacing. You can't leave him alone.

At the very least, he will be a 40%+ 3 point shooter, but he can do so much more offensively.

Archived