• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up: Who are you sold on at #9?

davos

Reports are that the Heat and the Bulls are in talks with the Kings to draft McDermott.

Also Boston Herald thinks McD may be the pick in Boston

It is becoming increasingly likely he won't be there at 9 so you guys may get your wish of avoiding him.

I think if he is off the board we may try to trade back or trade for a veteran.

Just my speculation.

Why trade back or trade for a vet?

All I've seen are just some rumors floating around that we do like McD. Nothing is legitimate at this point. If McD is off before no9, that means that Smart, Randle, Gordon, or even Vonleh will be there at our spot. No way do we pass on them.

All I've seen are just some rumors floating around that we do like McD. Nothing is legitimate at this point. If McD is off before no9, that means that Smart, Randle, Gordon, or even Vonleh will be there at our spot. No way do we pass on them.

I would pass on Gordon, who I think out of that list is the most likely to slide out of top 10.

Reading Clifford's comments today about positional size being important to him, I think Stauskas might have the edge over McDermott on the draft board.  The Observer story also talks about Jerami Grant a lot, so Stauskas at 9 and Grant at 24 could be the play.

I'd rather trade back and get PJ Hairston in the mid-teens but I'd like Gary Harris or Nik Stauskus at #9 (proved one of the top 8 players don't fall). 

I think Gary Harris is the safest picks and though I don't neccesarily think Stauskus will be a starter/star I think he can definitely be a good scorer of the bench. 

It all keeps coming back to "GARY HARRIS" for me if we are not moving the pick for a vet and assuming the top 8 guys are gone. Harris is the safest player at no9. He has a complete game and reminds me a lot of a cross between Bradley Beal and Victor Oladipo.

#GaryHarrisForHornets

It all keeps coming back to "GARY HARRIS" for me if we are not moving the pick for a vet and assuming the top 8 guys are gone. Harris is the safest player at no9. He has a complete game and reminds me a lot of a cross between Bradley Beal and Victor Oladipo.

#GaryHarrisForHornets

He doesn't remind me at all like any of those 2. You need to look at more video.

He does to me. You should look at more cut ups.

They're all two guards. Harris may not be a great of a player as those two but he draws similar traits of Beal and Vic.

He is not super athletic like Victor and he isn't a knock down shooter like Beal. Which is what makes them the players they are.

Try again.

He is not super athletic like Victor and he isn't a knock down shooter like Beal. Which is what makes them the players they are.

Try again.

Harris is not the shooter Beal is, but he can def knock it down. The kid light it up in the tournament. Where the hell were you at? Pay attention.

Gary Harris:

(2013) .352% 3P

(2014) .411% 3P

Bradley Beal:

(2011) .339% 3P

Victor Oladipo:

(2010) .308% 3P

(2011) .208% 3P

(2012) .441% 3P

I'd take Smart or Vonleh, but the other two I don't see a good fit with us. If Randle or Gordon are there, let's trade back into the early-mid teens and take Staus, Lavine or PJ.

I'd take Smart or Vonleh, but the other two I don't see a good fit with us. If Randle or Gordon are there, let's trade back into the early-mid teens and take Staus, Lavine or PJ.

I'm kinda hoping that smart falls now. He's who I want. Been thinking about having a lineup of

Kemba

Smart

MKG

FA/zeller

Big al

Would be nice. Smart would essentially be the pg and run the offense with Kemba playing off the ball like a sg. But smart guards the sg's. It's a win win. And would be a nice lineup and Change of pace

I'm kinda hoping that smart falls now. He's who I want. Been thinking about having a lineup of 

Kemba

Smart

MKG 

FA/zeller

Big al

Would be nice. Smart would essentially be the pg and run the offense with Kemba playing off the ball like a sg. But smart guards the sg's. It's a win win. And would be a nice lineup and Change of pace

I'd like that set. Doubt he gets past LA though.

Archived