• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wolves Trying To Find A Third Team To Facilitate Love Trade

Klay for the 9th pick would be a big win for the Hornets IMO. 

Then for my own personal shits and gigs, flip pick 24 and something (Hendo?) to move up a few spots should TJ Warren be there in the mid to late teens. 

PG - Kemba

SG - Klay

SF - MKG

PF - McBob (FA)

C - Al

6th Man - Tony Buckets 

Not sure you're going to get a better player than Thompson at nine.

There is a reason why GSW values him so highly.

You're definitely not getting a better player at 9 in this draft, which is why I've always recommended trading the pick. I also don't think the trade is happening if Minnesota isn't ending up with Thompson, but it could depending on how much they value #9.

Like I said the other day, if there's a 3-way, the best the Hornets could probably hope for is Barnes + #13, while parting with #9 & at least Henderson. The Wolves want Thompson the most.

GSW: Love & Martin

Wolves: Thompson, Lee, Henderson, #9

Hornets: Barnes & #13

You might not be happy with it, but that's what it'd probably be. Wolves don't want to trade #13, but I'm sure it'll happen if there is a 3-way deal. This one could also work if the Wolves aren't firm on Thompson:

Wolves: Barnes, Lee, #9, #24

Hornets: Thompson & #13

Currently the Lakers are the third team involved and the current trade would have the Lakers shipping the 7th pick to Minnesota, Kevin Love going to Golden State, and Klay Thompson going to the Lakers.

This doesn't make any sense based on what they've been asking for so far in return for Love. That must just be the nucleus of a potential deal, not all the potential pieces.

One player for each team? You'd basically be talking whoever Minnesota drafts at #7 in exchange for Love. No way that's happening. What other players were included, because there's no way it's just that right there.

This doesn't make any sense based on what they've been asking for so far in return for Love. That must just be the nucleus of a potential deal, not all the potential pieces.

One player for each team? You'd basically be talking whoever Minnesota drafts at #7 in exchange for Love. No way that's happening. What other players were included, because there's no way it's just that right there.

That was just the nucleus... Lee, Martin, and possibly Nash would also be involved with Thompson, Love and the 7th overall pick.

If the deal meant we would land Klay Thompson in exchange for the #9 pick, then that would be a decent exchange. He's improved his FG, 3 PT, APG and PPG in each season so far. He'd be an instant upgrade on Henderson, and would slot in nicely next to Kemba.

Kemba / Thompson / MKG / ? / Jefferson

That's the base of a competitive team. With a decent addition at PF through free agency, this team could move up the standing in the East.

I would absolutely trade 9 for Klay.

That rumor makes no sense though. Why would Minnesota just not keep Klay if they are insisting on him being included in the deal? And the Lakers have this guy named Kobe who plays SG for them.

Yeah I'm calling b.s.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You're definitely not getting a better player at 9 in this draft, which is why I've always recommended trading the pick. I also don't think the trade is happening if Minnesota isn't ending up with Thompson, but it could depending on how much they value #9.

Like I said the other day, if there's a 3-way, the best the Hornets could probably hope for is Barnes + #13, while parting with #9 & at least Henderson. The Wolves want Thompson the most.

Wolves: Thompson, Lee, Henderson, #9

Hornets: Barnes & #13

You might not be happy with it, but that's what it'd probably be. Wolves don't want to trade #13, but I'm sure it'll happen if there is a 3-way deal. This one could also work if the Wolves aren't firm on Thompson:

Wolves: Barnes, Lee, #9, #24

Hornets: Thompson & #13

Either of those would give me a little tingle down below. Hell, I'm tingling just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

i think the nuggets have enough assets to get love, but im guessing he wouldn't resign there. if im minny, there's no way im trading love just to get klay and lee - id want at least a first round pick included as well, i suppose thats why a third team is trying to be inolved

Freakn Broussard:

Minny: Thompson and Lee

GSW: Love, Martin, Barea, and 13th pick

Minny being RAPEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Minnesota shouldn't have to give up their pick.

GSW gets Love (the best player) and two players to make the salary equal and Minny gets two solid pieces they can build around. Take out the 13th pick and it's fair.

The Warriors are getting two 20 point per game players, and the 13th pick in the draft.... whatever as long as Love stays out of the east.

Archived