• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 NBA Draft Thread

I remember when people were saying Curry couldn't guard a position in the NBA and would only be a shooter.

Not that my opinion should be weighted the same as overbloated egos and talking heads who have no real basketball experience or knowledge, BUT I would like to say I KNEW with absolute certainty that Steph was going to be an incredible pro. 

No offense JJ, but I don't think that's a good comparison at all.  Steph not only can score, but he is an excellent ballhandler.  He's also a guard with pretty good size.  I never watched him and noticed any glaring lack of athleticism, nor did his production come from a "system."  He is and was a playmaker from the jump.

McDermott is not any of that.  He is a college basketball scorer with no real playmaking ability...  he isn't a ballhandler, and no one really knows if his ability to score will translate to the NBA because he has not discernible standout skills other than scoring, i.e., how does he get his shots.

I really someone takes him above us.  If he turns out to be great, which I doubt, then I will gladly eat crow and kick myself down the road...  but, almost every other time I've been right about who would and wouldn't pan out with very few exceptions.

Archived