• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Round of 16

Goondal

This game was given to Holland in the end, but Mexico got way too cozy and paid the price for it. Herrera made those changes at very inopportune times. They needed to step on Hollands throat instead of relying on Ochoa at the end. Mexico played into Hollands game plan, they exhausted them by running around the first half and in the second half they capitalized, even on that flop. Dos Santos Goal was pretty much the climax, they went all defense and it seems Herrera thought it would work again since Croatia faltered. I guess he didn't count on Hollands resourcefulness. I can't say I am upset over their performance this Cup. I absolutely hate we always get a really tough opponent in the sweet 16 while other countries get some really easy opponents. One of these WC's though, things will happen and Mexico will beat that tough opponent and watch out.. Had this game gone to Penalty kicks I really believe Mexico would have gotten the Edge.

Ugh...I'm pro Germany and Argentina now. My Bday is Argentina's Independence day, so I am very fond of Argentina. 

This game was given to Holland in the end, but Mexico got way too cozy and paid the price for it. Herrera made those changes at very inopportune times. They needed to step on Hollands throat instead of relying on Ochoa at the end. Mexico played into Hollands game plan, they exhausted them by running around the first half and in the second half they capitalized, even on that flop. Dos Santos Goal was pretty much the climax, they went all defense and it seems Herrera thought it would work again since Croatia faltered. I guess he didn't count on Hollands resourcefulness. I can't say I am upset over their performance this Cup. I absolutely hate we always get a really tough opponent in the sweet 16 while other countries get some really easy opponents. One of these WC's though, things will happen and Mexico will beat that tough opponent and watch out.. Had this game gone to Penalty kicks I really believe Mexico would have gotten the Edge.

Ugh...I'm pro Germany and Argentina now. My Bday is Argentina's Independence day, so I am very fond of Argentina.

Dos Santos was causing problems for Netherlands. I was shocked when Mexico benched him.

My cheering list

1. USA

2. Germany

3. Colombia

4. Costa Rica

5. Switzerland

6. Belgium

7. Algeria

8. Netherlands

9. Nigeria

10. France

11. Argentina

12. Brazil

I like seeing Germany as so many #2 or #3 picks.

Mine...

1) USA

1A) Germany

3) Switzerland (Shaqiri, also I like Roger Federer and really...how can someone hate Switzerland?)

4) Costa Rica (gotta root for this story, plus the farther they go the better for CONCACAF, meaning for USA)

5) Netherlands (Robben and I love watching their speed, plus Heineken)

6) Belgium (Hoegaarden is my favorite non-German beer)

7) Nigeria (underdog that is fun to watch, and they play the French so yay!))

8) Algeria (another underdog that is fun to watch...but they play Germany so boo!)

9) Colombia (never liked them before but fun to watch)

10) World Cup cancelled due to riots

11) France (at least the are not Brazil or Argentina)

12) Argentina (at least they are not Brazil)

Yes, outside of my top two and my bottom three I have some silly ways to decide who to root for.

Honestly, 3-6 could go in any order and 7-8 could go in any order.  My bottom group is a whole lot lighter after today.

I like seeing Germany as so many #2 or #3 picks.

Mine...

1) USA

1A) Germany

3) Switzerland (Shaqiri, also I like Roger Federer and really...how can someone hate Switzerland?)

4) Costa Rica (gotta root for this story, plus the farther they go the better for CONCACAF, meaning for USA)

5) Netherlands (Robben and I love watching their speed, plus Heineken)

6) Belgium (Hoegaarden is my favorite non-German beer)

7) Nigeria (underdog that is fun to watch, and they play the French so yay!))

8) Algeria (another underdog that is fun to watch...but they play Germany so boo!)

9) Colombia (never liked them before but fun to watch)

10) World Cup cancelled due to riots

11) France (at least the are not Brazil or Argentina)

12) Argentina (at least they are not Brazil)

Yes, outside of my top two and my bottom three I have some silly ways to decide who to root for.

Honestly, 3-6 could go in any order and 7-8 could go in any order. My bottom group is a whole lot lighter after today.

I have Colombia so high because I picked them to play Germany in the finals. Unfortunately the furthest they both could get before playing each other is the semi's.

Btw i am impressed by the low quality of the Brazilian team, Neymar is an outstanding player but he is alone..

I don't see how Brazil can defeat Colombia, Colombia is playing a beautiful football.

For the next 4 games.

France Vs Nigeria,

I always liked the Nigerian eagles, they are a powerfull team and their GK is one of the best if not the best in this WC. They are Africa champion for a reason.

The score will be 0 - 1 /1 - 0 or 1 - 1 (since i am biased i am not giving a final result)

Germany Vs Algeria,

For this one i will be more Frankish and less Gallic, GO GERMANY!   Germany 4 - 1 Algeria

Argentina Vs Swiss

The Swiss offense is really good, too good for Argentina.  Swiss 3 - Argentina 2 (extra time)

USA Vs Belgium

The 2 teams are of the same strengh i will still give the win to Belgium, Belgium won their last 4 games against USA, and the last one  4 - 2..

USA  1 - 2  Belgium (extra time)

Archived