• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward to visit Hornets next week.

PantherBrew

This kid is not worth 5-6 million per year more than Hendo.

That is ridiculous.

The same comments said now about overpaying Hendo would be said double a couple years from now if we sign Hayward.

If my options are paying Hayward or Parsons max deals...then I pass, and I give Hendo another chance at the 2.

People really do undervalue Henderson and write him off because he doesn't shoot like Steve Kerr from the perimeter...

For that money, it is Lance or bust. He can score from anywhere, distribute the ball and play frustrating D. Complete player.

Knocking Heyward when pounding your chest for Stephenson for more money makes no sense. I know Heyward is white n all but he is a really good defender who scores in the way the Hornets need him to.

Lance at 12 mill and he could go Dennis Rodman Spurs style where he sulked.. Battled with David Robinson... Took his shoes off to undermine the coach...off court type issues too.

In a contract season with Indy he was volitile in the locker room and continued his antics after Larry "bball jesus" Bird told him to cut it out. So does Steve Clifford have more authority and Lance falls in line? I dont think the team is set up that established as of today.

Stephenson is going to feel like he is the big fish here and dominate the ball pounding the rock. He is a talented guy andif he did not have this headcase history Id be all for it...of course he would not be a free agent either if he was not a headcase.

Heyward is worth as much is young and has upside to improve..he has a good shot..he is just good with it every other year since college. He can swing form 2 to 3 and a PJ/Heyward on the wings is a beautiful thing for any low post guy.

I'm not a big fan of Stephenson or Hayward at the amounts they're being discussed for.

they both are good players, and I have admired both of them as such since their college days, but they are not worth over 10 mil per fresh off of their rookie contracts.  Let them prove themselves with this contract, at about 8 or 9 per, and then they can cash out on the next one...  But, that's not going to happen.

Knocking Heyward when pounding your chest for Stephenson for more money makes no sense. I know Heyward is white n all but he is a really good defender who scores in the way the Hornets need him to.

Lance at 12 mill and he could go Dennis Rodman Spurs style where he sulked.. Battled with David Robinson... Took his shoes off to undermine the coach...off court type issues too.

In a contract season with Indy he was volitile in the locker room and continued his antics after Larry "bball jesus" Bird told him to cut it out. So does Steve Clifford have more authority and Lance falls in line? I dont think the team is set up that established as of today.

Stephenson is going to feel like he is the big fish here and dominate the ball pounding the rock. He is a talented guy andif he did not have this headcase history Id be all for it...of course he would not be a free agent either if he was not a headcase.

Heyward is worth as much is young and has upside to improve..he has a good shot..he is just good with it every other year since college. He can swing form 2 to 3 and a PJ/Heyward on the wings is a beautiful thing for any low post guy.

Hayward fg% has dropped every year. His career shooting and ppg are both lower than Henderson's career shooting and ppg.

I like Hayward, but to pay him 2.5 times what Hendo makes is called stupidity. I can guarantee what you get in offensive upgrade will almost all be negated in what you lose on defense.

Hayward for 9-10 million or take a hike

You offer Hayward what ever amount it will take. 

None of the elite superstars are coming to Cha anytime soon. 

And for that reason you need good versatile smart players. 

Get rid of Hendo and roll with a wing rotation of Hayward, MKG, and Hairston. 

Kemba / Livingston 

Hayward / Hairston

MKG / Hairston

Zeller / Vonleh / Biz

Al / Vonleh / Bach 

Much much better and deeper team. Not to mention more exciting. 

Kemba / Livingston 

Hayward / Hairston

MKG / Hairston

Zeller / Vonleh / Biz

Al / Vonleh / Bach 

Playing Hayward at the SG in that lineup won't work. I guess you all have to see it to believe it. 

Kemba / Livingston

Hayward / Hairston

MKG / Hairston

Zeller / Vonleh / Biz

Al / Vonleh / Bach

Where is Jeffery Taylor? ?

Archived