• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Sign Marvin Williams

Don't be surprised, if he isn't qualified.

Jefferson was playing on a bum wheel in the playoffs and Biyombo was still only seeing 7 minutes per game (that's not enough to be an impactful player).

By the way try and add for flavor to the conversation instead of trying to poke fun at me.

I'm actually doing very well for myself right now. No complaints here.

I also asked this question in the other post but never got an answer.

- Also explain to me how you are getting rid of Hendo? I've seen everyone say, "just trade Hendo", "we can trade Henderson for him", "get rid of Hendo"...

- In reality, Henderson's value is so low that Orlando took back garbage for Afflao rather than taking on Henderson's contract.

I don't think Hendo can't be traded but he is a valuable bench player or 6th man. I agree that it's easy to say trade this person or that persons but harder to pull off. It's kind of like trying to figure out cap space a yr in advance without knowing all the variable don't ya think?? ;)

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

True.

If we're going to overpay and get close to the tax, this is the year to do it.

Next year we can just offer a MLE deal and bi-annual deal to fill out the roster along with our draft picks.

It's the only logical explanation I can come up with for all these huge* deals being given out. Not just here, but around the league. Notice a majority of them are 2 years in length.

* - "over market value"

I don't think Hendo can't be traded but he is a valuable bench player or 6th man. I agree that it's easy to say trade this person or that persons but harder to pull off. It's kind of like trying to figure out cap space a yr in advance without knowing all the variable don't ya think?? ;)

Well we actually know the variable's because there are sites that have players deals for up to years unknown.

There was some speculation on my end, but it was calculated.

i.e. if Jefferson has another solid year he's probably going to opt out of $13.5, Kemba most likely not getting paid less than $8.5 per. Stuff like that was calculated.

However, six of those contracts were not. I got that straight from a few websites that show players salaries.

Well we actually know the variable's because there are sites that have players deals for up to years unknown.

There was some speculation on my end, but it was calculated.

i.e. if Jefferson has another solid year he's probably going to opt out of $13.5, Kemba most likely not getting paid less than $8.5 per. Stuff like that was calculated.

However, six of those contracts were not. I got that straight from a few websites that show players salaries.

I know I'm just giving you a hard time, but I enjoy the numbers aspect as well and trying to fill out the roster. Plus looking at your numbers mean i don't have to look them up!

I just wish we would have not signed any big names and next year try again. 7 million freed up next year could really help us sign a big name FA and resign players in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Exactly i agree, once we couldnt get Hayward i would have gave up and waited till next year. But noooo, we HAVE to show Al Jefferson we are serious about winning.

Exactly i agree, once we couldnt get Hayward i would have gave up and waited till next year. But noooo, we HAVE to show Al Jefferson we are serious about winning.

It's not so much Al but the current landscape of the Eastern Conference. There's no one team that you can definitively say will be in the finals next season and the one team on paper that looks the part is very young with a brand new coach.

Also, Lance is pretty much the only FA left that could fit the roster and still has lots of room to grow much like the Hayward signing. Lose out on Lance and I agree, simply fill out the rest of the roster at that point.

Everyone is right, Hendo would be a great 6th man.

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard.  The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now.  And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard. The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now. And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

Well said Diddy.

I do not think Hendo makes for a good 6th man. 

You need quick production from your bench. 

Hendo is not a shooter (so no getting hot from downtown). 

Hendo is not really a scorer. Usually takes all game to get his 12-16 points. 

He needs to be dealt imo. 

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard. The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now. And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

This is no reason to hate Hendo at all. Yes he is best suited as a 6th man, but it's not his fault the front office hasn't gotten a better starter. Even if you think there is a better option (lol) then it's not his fault the coach starts him.

If we sign Lance,

Any chance the Grizzlies would trade T. Prince for Hendo? They have tried to get rid of him for a while now. Could backup MKG for a year and be gone instead of Hendo for 2 years.

Maybe we could sell Thibs on his defensive ability and do a sign and trade of Hinrich for Hendo? They would rather play Butler at SF, and this would allow them to.

Archived