• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Sign Marvin Williams

#ItrustCho

Simple as that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Why would I blindly trust Cho when he would've drafted Greg Oden if he had the #1 pick just like Portland did? It's not like picking Kevin Durant 2nd was some kind of genius move. 

If this franchise doesn't go after Stephenson, even if they don't get him, they deserve to lose. Take a chance for once "Charlotte" and quit trying to play it safe all the time.

Why would I blindly trust Cho when he would've drafted Greg Oden if he had the #1 pick just like Portland did? It's not like picking Kevin Durant 2nd was some kind of genius move.

If this franchise doesn't go after Stephenson, even if they don't get him, they deserve to lose. Take a chance for once "Charlotte" and quit trying to play it safe all the time.

Good call. I'll trust a forum posters opinion over Cho.

Thanks for showing me the light.

Good call. I'll trust a forum posters opinion over Cho.

Thanks for showing me the light.

I don't care what you "trust." You could also trust Congress' opinion over a "poster's" since they're making the laws, but good luck with that one, too.

I don't care if Cho walks on water, signing Williams to $7M a year was dumb, and not going after Lance Stephenson would be even dumber. 

If Charlotte stands pat they will be a 6 or 7th seed again next year and might be able to win a FEW playoff games, despite the East being completely up for grabs. If get Stephenson we become legit contenders for the Eastern conference. Some of you don't realize how bad and how open the East is right now. Let's look at the 10 teams who could very legitimately make the playoffs.

Pacers, Heat, Raptors*, Wizards*, Bulls*, Nets, Hornets, Hawks, Cavs*, Knicks*. (The star means the team has noticeably improved)

We could compete with any of those teams now. We wouldn't get to the finals, but we'd pull off a few wins. If we get Stephenson, we are legit contenders for a top 4 seed and a legit push in the playoffs. We need to take advantage of what a shitty conference we are in right now before we wait a year and let superstars start teaming up again.

Does a starting lineup of

Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, MKG, Marvin Williams and Al Jefferson sound very intimating or good to you?

Lol. Congress.

Difference is. Almost, no one in congress gets fired.

Cho gets fired if the team sucks.

But keep thinking you know better. Maybe they'll hire you.

Almost no one in Congress gets "fired" because voters are morons. They hate "Congress," but they trust "their own" Congressman because s/he's "theirs," and they keep bringing him back because they "know" him, and so nothing ever changes.

Same types of feelings you're attaching to Cho. 

If the team sucks enough to make Cho get fired, then it's possible for Cho to make bad decisions, like giving Marvin Williams $7M per and possibly not going after Stephenson.

No one needs to be "hired" in order to know better, and no one needs to be hired just because they were right.

Almost no one in Congress gets "fired" because voters are morons. They hate "Congress," but they trust "their own" Congressman because s/he's "theirs," and they keep bringing him back because they "know" him, and so nothing ever changes.

Same types of feelings you're attaching to Cho.

If the team sucks enough to make Cho get fired, then it's possible for Cho to make bad decisions, like giving Marvin Williams $7M per and possibly not going after Stephenson.

No one needs to be "hired" in order to know better, and no one needs to be hired just because they were right.

I'm not debating you anymore. You are saying its a bad decision based on what? You don't know how successful or not Marvin Williams is going to be in out system. You can't call it a bad decision until it plays out. Similarly, people thought we way over paid for Big Al. But now, in our system he is underpaid in terms of his production.

So stop acting like you know better or how it's going to go. The team has gotten progressively better over the last 3 years under Cho.

Huddle after the draft: "Cho is amazing!! I am so glad MJ got rid of HIggins. Cho has been doing great and now he will do even better!"

Huddle in the middle of free agency: "Fire Cho! He sucks! He didn't go after the player I wanted!" 

Positive Huddler: Cho is so stealth we never hear whats going on! I like it because that is how you do business!

Negative Huddler: Cho isn't doing anything! We never hear anything going on bc obviously ppl don't want to work with him. You know those analytical types just rub ppl the wrong way. Plus Im pretty sure hes going to turn into a bad driver in the future if he isn't already one."

Archived