• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your fan fest observations...

Zod

good post..

from what i have seen i think brown will not start this season..he has been good but he tends to get taken out the play..johnson has been having a good camp.

i hope mccown and moore get it together because cantwell has been outplaying them both..in TC

I definitely think this year will be a learning year for Brown. But fear not, Charles Johnson is going to tear it up this year while Brown learns behind a few good defensive coaches and one of the best at that position. I really hope we can afford to keep Taylor on the roster; he looked like he was even quicker this year. I look forward to seeing him in the preseason.

Good stuff, thanks!

So who do you see starting if CM is @ NB? Marshall & Gamble with Martin behind one of them?

Nice updates, thanks!

That's what I'm thinking. But keep in mind I haven't been to training camp, so I'm just going off of tweets and Fan Fest here. :D

10. Secondary is going to be weak this year. Expect marshall and c.j. wilson out of place quite a bit.

I was never that high on C.J. Wilson, and still don't see what others see in him. I think he's good depth, but probably not much more than that. Let's hope Meeks gets our secondary in order. It's a pretty inexperienced bunch, save Gamble and Harris.

I don't honestly "observe" much at Fan fest because the practice is more of a show for the fans than a serious effort. That was even more true this year because while all but a few players were practicing, some starters on both sides sat out the scrimmage.

After I had sat there and told the future Mrs what numbers to pay attention to when they started scrimmaging (34, 89, 90, etc) just about everyone i suggested she should watch sat out :sosp:

Learning moment for Milady: Brad Hoover had a nice play and got his usual "Hoooov", at which point she turned to me and said "Why are they booing?" (I explained)

It was a good time, and a few people stood out in drills or had noteworthy moments (Mike Goodson, Kenny Moore, Dwayne Jarrett, Everette Brown, Captain Munnerlyn) it was largely uneventful in the "serious football" category.

The most fun moment actually came before the practice, when a little boy that looked about 3 or 4 got on the big screen with one of the announcers, then got camera shy and took off down field. The announcers started calling out his yardage ("he's at the 50,...the 40...). The audience cheered him on all the way to the goal line. Then, after a pause, he ran back :lol:

His parents have probably told that story at least a dozen times already, and I imagine it'll get told over and over again for the rest of his life :D

Now thts the BEST Story I have heard from FF so far!!!!

Thats what its all about folks, the little guys!~!!!!!

Philly has made some great moves and I am so glad that I will be home in NC to watch it. I hope like heck that the Panthers win this one so I can go back to PA and give all these Eagles fans a little love BACK.

It appears a good number of the starters, like Beason, DeAngelo, Davis, etc. did not play yesterday which is a bummer for the fans at Fan Fest. I think it's atrocious that some fans booed Delhomme there. FAN FEST??? Are you freakin' kidding me? It's one game people and it is the past. I can't imagine how many boo birds will rise out of the stink nest with the first interception or mistake that Delhomme makes. Sheesh.

The most fun moment actually came before the practice, when a little boy that looked about 3 or 4 got on the big screen with one of the announcers, then got camera shy and took off down field. The announcers started calling out his yardage ("he's at the 50,...the 40...). The audience cheered him on all the way to the goal line. Then, after a pause, he ran back :lol:

His parents have probably told that story at least a dozen times already, and I imagine it'll get told over and over again for the rest of his life :D

That's pretty damn adorable and hilarious.

Archived