• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scoreboard

doghead28

I wasn't able to make fan fest but the pictures I saw of the scoreboard were disappointing. It looks like advertisements still take a large portion of the viewing area on both sides. Was this the case? Oh well I am there to watch the game not a video board but larger would have been better.

I wasn't able to make fan fest but the pictures I saw of the scoreboard were disappointing. It looks like advertisements still take a large portion of the viewing area on both sides. Was this the case? Oh well I am there to watch the game not a video board but larger would have been better.

Yeah from all of the pictures that I've seen it looks like the bigger board is false advertisement. Whenever they show infographics they include the ad space...making it seem like the board is fully video.

The board is half advertising space. Unfortunately, Danny Morrison already said that's the standard set up for it. Very disappointing. Picture looks excellent. It's just wasted with Miller light and Pepsi video ads.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I didnt get to see much of it, but imo the screen is big enough that the ads dont matter. With a 3 year old, i couldnt sit still long. I walked out of the tunnel on one end though and noticed nothing but the center of the screen. Id equate it to putting a 60" screen in a dorm room.

Sent from my iPhone using the free crApp Jeremy gave us.

The picture is much clearer than before and even with the ridiculous amount of space wasted on advertisements it still is a great improvement over the old. If the boards are going to have that much space for advertisement then that money should be used to pay for it instead of tax payer money. The lower ribbon board was pretty much nothing but advertisements as well.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Most, if not all, full screen scoreboards do this. I know at ECU it's that way

ECU-Tulsa_Scoreboard_w-Ruff_by-Rebekah_4

The only time it's full screen is the team intros or some kind of video package

That's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the new Panthers board.

That's like 75 video 25 ads, the Panthers is like 50/50.

That's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the new Panthers board.

That's like 75 video 25 ads, the Panthers is like 50/50.

You also have to take board size into consideration. I don't know you have to see it in person its more noticeable than it looks, I've noticed it since they first got the new scoreboard and it's never really bothered me, but you notice it. I'll definitely agree though that the images are bigger on the Panthers scoreboard.

It's one of those things where you're like...come on...but at the same time they still have to showcase those 4 (or however many) companies that paid them money presumably for ads of a certain size.

The ribbons are nothing but ads too. It's the disappointing reality of our country right now. Still the ratio of ad to football coverage is obscene. They could have been more tasteful with our tax money.

The image is clearer and really pops at night. I will give them that. The animated ribbons and commercials on the scoreboards are distracting.

The ribbons are nothing but ads too. It's the disappointing reality of our country right now. Still the ratio of ad to football coverage is obscene. They could have been more tasteful with our tax money.

The image is clearer and really pops at night. I will give them that. The animated ribbons and commercials on the scoreboards are distracting.

I'm sure the ribbons will have more football news once the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone

Archived