• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawann Short starts Book Drive on Twitter

Mark S

Short tells his Twitter followers that he is doing a fundraiser for kids back home in East Chicago. If they donate $1000, they get a signed jersey, football, and mini helmet. $1000 gets about 4000 books for kids in East Chicago. Any donations that others give, he will match 100%, so I thought that was pretty admirable. He just reached his goal a couple minutes ago, as people were eager to support. I thought some of you would like to know, whether to get prizes, help children with an education, or just admire what our fine young player is doing for others, I really like this guy. @kk_mr93 if you want to follow.

@kk_mr93: We are at 100% right now. Just need 0 more people to donate 0 each to my book drive. WE DID IT!!! #BooksForKids #ThankYouGOD

Short tells his Twitter followers that he is doing a fundraiser for kids back home in East Chicago. If they donate $1000, they get a signed jersey, football, and mini helmet. $1000 gets about 4000 books for kids in East Chicago. Any donations that others give, he will match 100%, so I thought that was pretty admirable. He just reached his goal a couple minutes ago, as people were eager to support. I thought some of you would like to know, whether to get prizes, help children with an education, or just admire what our fine young player is doing for others, I really like this guy. @kk_mr93 if you want to follow.

@kk_mr93: We are at 100% right now. Just need 0 more people to donate 0 each to my book drive. WE DID IT!!! #BooksForKids #ThankYouGOD

Awesome couple of threads from OP today.  This is great news.  Glad to see KK helping the community and giving back. 

Good job by him. It's nice to see young guys use their success to help others. Some reverse math puts his goal at $5000. So if he matches the schools will get $10k. Very nice.

Oh it was only 5k? I thought each person he thanked gave 1k, I must have misunderstood.

No lol I think he was thanking people no matter what they gave. As many as he could. But he said 90% complete, then 100 people giving $5 would meet his goal. So 100x5= $500=10%. So 500x10= $5000.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. Still a nice thing to do anyways.

Great thing for KK to do, especially with the current state of things in Chicago.  Love this guy!!!

But, I have to say...  When I read the thread title that "Short" and "Starts" right next to each other translated to "Short Sharts" somewhere between my eyes and the signal being sent to my brain.

Archived