• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THIS is an example of a great youth sports coach

g5jamz

http://deadspin.com/little-league-coach-gives-great-post-game-speech-to-kid-1623699530

During the game, a player from the Chicago team hit a HR and felt bad because he celebrated too much.  He went to this same coach/dugout to apologize and the coach told him fuggedaboutit....he'd be excited too.

Loving the LLWS.  Mo'ne pitches Wednesday night.

My son recently made the world series for one of the teams out of Raleigh (PONY league) and we got to go (California).  It was awesome.  Nothing like LLWS though  because PONY isn't on ESPN and having Easton provide all new equipment and get new digs.  I absolutely love youth baseball.  That LLWS Northeast/Southeast game the other night was incredible. 

Some good/great baseball players in North Carolina...especially around Raleigh.  Just no Little League.  Mostly just Ripken or Pony. 

Yep. Saw this as well.

He was also fg's coach that gave a great motivational speech to his team before their 6th inning comeback against Tenn.

We was jumping aroubd do happy for his kids. The interview afterwards with him was fantastic. Guy really understood what the LLWS is all about and us a great role model for those kids.

My son recently made the world series for one of the teams out of Raleigh (PONY league) and we got to go (California). It was awesome. Nothing like LLWS though because PONY isn't on ESPN and having Easton provide all new equipment and get new digs. I absolutely love youth baseball. That LLWS Northeast/Southeast game the other night was incredible.

Some good/great baseball players in North Carolina...especially around Raleigh. Just no Little League. Mostly just Ripken or Pony.

Nice! When I played, we made it to the palomino world series out in California. How did your son's team do? We got to rocked out there. Japan, Puerto Rico and Mexico's teams were no joke. If I remember correctly, we only beat Mexico. The experience/journey to make it out there was worth it though.

Nice! When I played, we made it to the palomino world series out in California. How did your son's team do? We got to rocked out there. Japan, Puerto Rico and Mexico's teams were no joke. If I remember correctly, we only beat Mexico. The experience/journey to make it out there was worth it though.

Go whipped up pretty good.  Host team sets the bracket and put our boys playing at 8pm...which was 11pm our guys internal clock.  Game started at 8:30...so 11:30-1:30 is what our boys played.  Boys were killing the ball in our Zone championship and just got out there and no one could hit.  Defense shaky.  Ended up losing to the host team and then Hawaii...although that game was a bit closer.  Kinda wish it was pool play and then bracket, but that's how it goes.  We were in the hotel with a couple of other US teams and the Mexico team.  Awesome seeing all the kids playing around the pool at the hotel. 

Definately an experience that those kids will never forget.  Now we just need to get back there next time. 

Archived