• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Day Transfer Madness

Ja  Rhule

Welbeck is undergoing an Arsenal medical. If Defoe is going anywhere, it's to Leicester, according to Sky.

We loaned Holtby to Hamburg for the year... wtf? We need a speedy, passing midfielder for second string, and they loan him? Well, better loan than sell I guess. Also, Sandro possibly going to QPR - again, wtf? He's the only other true CDM we have.

Obika goes to Swindon.

We finalized the Stambouli deal from Montpellier.

Negredo may be going to Valencia is about the only other thing I've seen that hasn't been mentioned yet.

In January of this year their debt was reported between £398m (I think), according to their books, which I'm sure are fairly creative to say the least. It isn't a fabrication that United have spent ridiculous sums of money to trim the debt down by a mere £125m since the Glazers took over. Now they are back to pumping money back into the club in an attempt to restore it to prominence, in lieu of paying down their debt. If they continue to fail to make UCL, it's going to be disastrous for them. £400m of debt becomes a whole lot more.

In 2010, the Glazers were trying to receive £500m in bonds to refinance the original £525m debt. That doesn't exactly scream "healthy debt" to me. I think the fact of the matter is, no one is really entirely certain as to their exact level of debt but them. Either way, they are spending money this summer. They better hope they make UCL.

As I said, this year alone they have guaranteed over £1 billion in additional revenue over the next 6 years or so so if the debt was so dangerous they've already got future money tabbed to pay it off completely (if they need or want to).

My understanding of the refinancing of the loan was because there were huge fees (somewhere in the realm of £150 million) due on the loan. Therefore they refinanced so they didn't have to pay as much of the huge fee (I think the qualifier was they had to have the debt below £400 million or something like that) hence why the debt has slowly decreased then shot down to £350 million in the space of about 3 months.

As a fan I'd love to have no debt and be able to spend all of Man Utds revenue on players (and wages in Falcao's case) but thats not the way the Glazers are going to run things. Even with the debt Man Utd still have more financial clout than any other team that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Man Utd sign Blind - he is the most realistic player to play DM so might be the biggest signing of Man Utds season.

Welbeck to Arsenal for £16 million, Cleverley to Everton for £8 million. Will pretty much cover the season long loan for Falcao. Decent business for Man Utd.

I reckon Welbeck will be boom or bust for Arsenal. He's not technically as good as your standard Arsenal player but I don't think they need that. They need somebody that is direct which is exactly what Welbeck is. Cleverley will be brilliant at Everton.

Either way a much more pleasant deadline day as a Man Utd fan this year compared to last year where we ended up getting robbed by a Belgian with an afro.

As I said, this year alone they have guaranteed over £1 billion in additional revenue over the next 6 years or so so if the debt was so dangerous they've already got future money tabbed to pay it off completely (if they need or want to).

My understanding of the refinancing of the loan was because there were huge fees (somewhere in the realm of £150 million) due on the loan. Therefore they refinanced so they didn't have to pay as much of the huge fee (I think the qualifier was they had to have the debt below £400 million or something like that) hence why the debt has slowly decreased then shot down to £350 million in the space of about 3 months.

As a fan I'd love to have no debt and be able to spend all of Man Utds revenue on players (and wages in Falcao's case) but thats not the way the Glazers are going to run things. Even with the debt Man Utd still have more financial clout than any other team that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Man Utd sign Blind - he is the most realistic player to play DM so might be the biggest signing of Man Utds season.

You might wanna look up Leeds United.  Manchester United is heading in the same direction.  That new Adidas deal is fishy as hell, saying otherwise is just being ignorant.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_a_Leeds

Since Manchester United is a publicly traded company, their financial information is public record.  What I found is insane.

Manchester United received 230m pounds in Differed Tax Refund!  Yes, Tax Refund!  

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/manu/financials

This is what we call a cookie jar in accounting.  So basically Manchester United always had this money in there for rainy day in case they missed Champions League. 

Long story short, Manchester United is using their reserves to stay afloat.  They are in win now mode. 

You are very blinded by your love of Arsenal. Man Utd are arguably the biggest sporting institution in the world. Leeds weren't even the biggest club in Yorkshire. The fact you even compare Leeds Utd's situation to Man Utd's shows you know very little about this.

I'm not saying Man Utd can't go bankrupt, but it would be very difficult with their ridiculously high revenue. If Man Utd are in trouble so are every club in the Premier League. When you consider Man Utd have a much bigger fan base, have a larger stadium, generally win more and sell a lot more commercial items, how is it that Arsenal paid of their debt (of a similer size) yet Man Utd didn't?

In what way is the Adidas kit deal fishy as hell? It is what it is, with the stipulation that if Man Utd miss the Champions League in 2015/2016 they only get 75% of the total sum of the deal. If they get relegated they get 25%.

I think you are seeing what you want to see, not what is there. I see I wont change your mind anyway but in a decade when Man Utd are still on top I'll be proven right.

You are very blinded by your love of Arsenal. Man Utd are arguably the biggest sporting institution in the world. Leeds weren't even the biggest club in Yorkshire. The fact you even compare Leeds Utd's situation to Man Utd's shows you know very little about this.

I'm not saying Man Utd can't go bankrupt, but it would be very difficult with their ridiculously high revenue. If Man Utd are in trouble so are every club in the Premier League. When you consider Man Utd have a much bigger fan base, have a larger stadium, generally win more and sell a lot more commercial items, how is it that Arsenal paid of their debt (of a similer size) yet Man Utd didn't?

In what way is the Adidas kit deal fishy as hell? It is what it is, with the stipulation that if Man Utd miss the Champions League in 2015/2016 they only get 75% of the total sum of the deal. If they get relegated they get 25%.

I think you are seeing what you want to see, not what is there. I see I wont change your mind anyway but in a decade when Man Utd are still on top I'll be proven right.

I think you are blinded by your love of Manchester United more than anything.  Manchester United has investors that expect returns so far Manchester United cannot deliver.  Sooner or later, when investor will realize that United is a sinking ship, they will ask for their money back.  You have a lack of understanding how business works.  It don't matter if Manchester is a 3rd largest institution right now.  If they will fail winning any trophies this year and fail to make EPL, they will have a hard time paying their investors money back.  poo will hit the fan.  Investors will demand their money back.  Look at Manchester United incomes statement from last 5 years before this random tax refund... they barely broke even.  You are very blind my friend. 

PS:  Arsenal owners have more money than any other EPL owners except maybe Manchester City.

It's Official.

5 year deal for Welbeck.

Ferguson seen a lot in him and Welbeck did an amazing job under Ferguson.  His game took a toll after Ferguson left.  Arsenal have much better midfield than Manchester United... we shall see how he does against Manchester City in 2 weeks.

It's also nice to see Arsenal spending £80m in one transfer window without really selling anyone.

Archived