• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera coming up on NFL Network to discuss Hardy.

Strawman

We are just fugging this up worse. I believe that Hardy deserves to have jury trial before being punished, but just make a decision and stick to your guns.

This poo today just makes it harder on ourselves and honestly makes us look worse

This is my problem and where I think they screwed up and are still screwing up...

If they feel it's best for the org for Hardy to sit, then sit him (which they should have already made that decision weeks ago) but if they think he deserves to have the legal process finalized, then let him play and hand out punishments IF he's convicted.

The media is going to say what the media is going to say.  fug em.

I think the real issue here lies in the details of the labor agreement with the NFLPA.... And they aren't talking to the press for a good reason... My theory? Hardy can't be suspended without pay pending the jury trial and there are issues due to the fact his issue happened before the rule modification by the NFL.

The fact the media has completely let the NFLPA off the hook during all of this should tell anyone who isn't brain damaged where the medias motives really lie.

We are just fugging this up worse. I believe that Hardy deserves to have jury trial before being punished, but just make a decision and stick to your guns.

This poo today just makes it harder on ourselves and honestly makes us look worse

Unfortunately true. Played him week 1, deactivated him week 2, and his status is up in the air for week 3.

Now we've made this whole thing an even bigger spectacle than it was just a week ago all on our own.

At this point I think Hardy could be found innocent at his trial and still get suspended by the NFL. This is a joke. The NFL is the one outlet I use to escape reality, and it's just being turned into another media soap opera.

Wouldn't be surprising. Big Ben was never even charged with anything due to "lack of evidence" and was suspended 6 games. 

I don't know if it really makes us look worse, they just really don't know what to do.  And RR is right, the climate has definitely changed and they would be stupid not to also reassess their stance with what's been going on.

Ultimately they're just trying to do what's right and I agree with you that he deserves trial by jury, I expect they'll announce something more 'permanent' this week and put it to rest. 

He was pretty pissed at the postgame press conference when asked about Hardy.  I expect him to be throwing daggers again.  This poo is really getting old.  

I wonder who the reporter was who asked him about Hardy yesterday, right as the post game presser began.  I have a guess :)

How so? If anything I'd think Ron's straight and honest answers would help.

The fact is Hardy has had a court appearance and was found guilty and is now trying to prove his innocence. The organization messed up by not setting him aside from week one until his appeal took place. I don't like the fact that the media continues to overlook that the organization is ultimately doing the right thing now and is piling on for the sake of ratings, but I would hope the transparency Rivera is showing regarding the situation will lighten the pressure. This whole fiasco shows that the entire league has been ignorant of its domestic violence issues and the Panthers weren't immune to screwing up.

Let Greg's appeal play out so this feeding frenzy can die down and if he's innocent, welcome him back with open arms. It's not like we have even suspended him. Outside of game days it sounds like it's just business as usual.

I don't know if it really makes us look worse, they just really don't know what to do. And RR is right, the climate has definitely changed and they would be stupid not to also reassess their stance with what's been going on.

Ultimately they're just trying to do what's right and I agree with you that he deserves trial by jury, I expect they'll announce something more 'permanent' this week and put it to rest.

Nothing has changed but the media narrative.

It makes us look worse because it gives the impression that we are waiting to see what media is saying before we can make a decision. Not making a decision based on whether a person deserves full due process or because they want to take domestic violence seriously.

We are basically saying, "if the media cools off he will play, but if they are still upset we will deactivate him"

Archived