• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula "We cant expect to win many games running the ball 10 times"

Mark S

Why run the ball at all if the defense is going to be in the backfield when the ball is handed off?

Quick, quick passes till you can reverse play action (pass action) and surprise the defense with a run.

Hang on till the first four draft picks can be spent on O line.

The only thing I fault GM for is franchising Hardy instead of signing a decent OL. And also not drafting a single OT

DG matched the contract offer to one of the top OTs in free agency, he just chose to sign elsewhere. After that all the decent OTs got massively overpaid, except for Monroe who accepted well under his market value to stay in Baltimore and was never really going to sign elsewhere.

In the draft there really wasn't any value at OT. All of our early picks look much more promising than the next OT taken after them. I'm glad we didn't reach for an OT and end up with a player significantly worse than who we picked.

DG matched the contract offer to one of the top OTs in free agency, he just chose to sign elsewhere. After that all the decent OTs got massively overpaid, except for Monroe who accepted well under his market value to stay in Baltimore and was never really going to sign elsewhere.

In the draft there really wasn't any value at OT. All of our early picks look much more promising than the next OT taken after them. I'm glad we didn't reach for an OT and end up with a player significantly worse than who we picked.

Facts can ruin a good story.

DG seems to be very disciplined in his approach to building this team. You would think that based on some of our past personnel decisions that more people around here would be appreciative of this approach.

I guess we could have traded next years 1st round pick for a second this year and took a tackle. That usually works well.

Archived