• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty matchup is advantage: Panthers

run1stdownrun2nddown

First of all, these guys are professional athletes and Steve Smith bears no ill will against any of his former players.

Second, the only DB on the roster who might be able to cover him is Norman.

Third, I guarantee you there will be talking, helmet slapping and I'm sure they'll all be smiling and joking with each other after the game.

that still leaves Harper .

Smith is just one player. People are making way too much of this. I expect, although I hope I'm wrong, that Baltimore will likely win this game and Smith will be a big part of it. Just face it, the dude is playing at a higher level than he did last year.

I don't think he is playing at a higher level. That is why he doesn't bother me.

He has 1 TD through 3 games...and got it on a busted play. Meh.

He is dropping more balls than you should see from a vet

He has yards bc basically every throw to a WR is his.

I don't think he is playing at a higher level. That is why he doesn't bother me.

Current Season Stats

18 catches 290 yards 96.7Avg game 16.1 2 avg per catch

He's on par to go over 1600 yards. Yeah, that's not at a higher level.

2 drops in 3 games , horrendous! 

But I do agree he would not have as many yards if they didn't throw to him as much.You are all over that one.

Current Season Stats

18 catches 290 yards 96.7Avg game 16.1 2 avg per catch

He's on par to go over 1600 yards. Yeah, that's not at a higher level.

He is being more heavily targeted, yes....which results in more rec and yards. He doesn't look much different in reality. The percentage of plays to WRs he is targeted is unlike any other team in the NFL. Has to be acknowledged. Like I said before we could of choose to feed Cotchery a crazy amount and it would produce better numbers for him.

Which is why I noted the lack of scores minus the one busted play, drops, etc. there pass game to WRs actually isn't that efficient...and the fact they lopside pass attempts to 89 is likely why

2 drops in 3 games , horrendous!

But I do agree he would not have as many yards if they didn't throw to him as much.You are all over that one.

Like always, your posts are not based in reality. 89 has more than 2

You obviously didn't watch him and pulled that from a website that list it at 2....which is bogus. Have you watched 89?

The Ravens don't need any extra motivation, once the ball is kicked its just football. We struggled against the Steelers' smaller quicker wrs. Anybody who has watched the Ravens this year will tell you that 89 looks a lot quicker and a lot faster than he did last year. It's going to be an interesting matchup. I can almost garuntee their first play will be a quick bubble screen to 89.

After three games, huh?

He didn't look so fast when he was dropping all those passes for Baltimore. So if he would have got to the space in time (with that alleged speed), maybe he would have a higher catch rate. But continue.

I find it funny, the Panthers played MEGATRON; best receiver in the league; aka yardage, touch down machine. And some here (not necessarily  you) are giving more respect and fear to Smith and his anger management/revenge issues, than just treating him like another average to good, short receiver with a grudge--which he is. Let's not lose the plot, cause he used to play in Carolina.

SMH

He is being more heavily targeted, yes....which results in more rec and yards. He doesn't look much different in reality. The percentage of plays to WRs he is targeted is unlike any other team in the NFL. Has to be acknowledged. Like I said before we could of choose to feed Cotchery a crazy amount and it would produce better numbers for him.

Which is why I noted the lack of scores minus the one busted play, drops, etc. there pass game to WRs actually isn't that efficient...and the fact they lopside pass attempts to 89 is likely why

Is it that he doesn't look that much different to you or to everyone? I've heard many say he looks faster. I'm just asking because I have no clue and I don't care to watch football unless the Panthers are playing. I know for a fact that he wasn't getting open as often while here.

Is it that he doesn't look that much different to you or to everyone? I've heard many say he looks faster. I'm just asking because I have no clue and I don't care to watch football unless the Panthers are playing. I know for a fact that he wasn't getting open as often while here.

Cam spreads the ball around pretty well. He could of feed 89 here more too and given him better stats.....better stats for 89 doesn't mean better team offense.

This year and last year Cam has focused on spreading it around. Baltimore simply isn't doing that currently watching them play

After three games, huh?

He didn't look so face when he was dropping all those passes. So if he would have got to the space in time, maybe he would have a higher catch rate. But continue.

I find it funny, the Panthers played MEGATRON; best receiver in the league; aka yardage, touch down machine. And some here (not necessarily you) are giving more respect and fear to Smith and his anger management/revenge issues, than just treating him like another average to good, short receiver with a grudge which he is. Let's not lose the plot, cause he used to play in Carolina.

SMH

I'm not looking at Steve because he used to play for the Panthers. I'm looking at him as a smaller quick receiver, and we struggled against a similar player in Antonio Brown who gave us more problems than Calvin Johnson did. If this was 03 Steve Smith we would be in a world of trouble, the fact that he isn't the same player should benefit us. But don't take him lightly, this is his Super Bowl. He has to be accounted for.

I'm not looking at Steve because he used to play for the Panthers. I'm looking at him as a smaller quick receiver, and we struggled against a similar player in Antonio Brown who gave us more problems than Calvin Johnson did. If this was 03 Steve Smith we would be in a world of trouble, the fact that he isn't the same player should benefit us. But don't take him lightly, this is his Super Bowl. He has to be accounted for.

89 is savy. He is physical. He makes good cuts. I wouldn't call 89 quick

I've kept my eye on 89, and to me he looks faster than he did a year ago.

Archived