• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty matchup is advantage: Panthers

run1stdownrun2nddown

Interesting thought when my friend and I were discussing how amped up the game tomorrow is going to be.

If you think about it, the whole Smitty matchup deal should be an advantage for the Panthers. Why?

Smitty is really the only Raven that this whole "Smith-Panthers rematch" matters too. On the other hand, we know there are lots of Panthers players fired up about playing against Smith. TD, Luke, Cam, you know they all want to stick it to Smitty.

(Edited b/c apparently people here can't take me using a little bit of slang as a joke)

The Ravens don't need any extra motivation, once the ball is kicked its just football. We struggled against the Steelers' smaller quicker wrs. Anybody who has watched the Ravens this year will tell you that 89 looks a lot quicker and a lot faster than he did last year. It's going to be an interesting matchup. I can almost garuntee their first play will be a quick bubble screen to 89.

can we just give up on this concept that we're going to make smith start throwing haymakers and he's going to get ejected

he's a lot of things but he isn't stupid

Well he is a hot head and he does let that impact his play at times.

But unless Dave Gettlemen is out there he won't be throwing blows.

First of all, these guys are professional athletes and Steve Smith bears no ill will against any of his former players.

Second, the only DB on the roster who might be able to cover him is Norman.

Third, I guarantee you there will be talking, helmet slapping and I'm sure they'll all be smiling and joking with each other after the game.

First of all, these guys are professional athletes and Steve Smith bears no ill will against any of his former players.

Third, I guarantee you there will be talking, helmet slapping and I'm sure they'll all be smiling and joking with each other after the game.

Norman is probably the last person you want covering him.

There will be a lot of trash talking.

But I hope Norman doesn't see any work. He sucks and on top of that does dumb poo....89 would rent space in his head

I'm sure there are players here 89 dislikes and I am sure we got dudes that dislike 89. Oppoaite true too

There will be a lot of trash talking.

But I hope Norman doesn't see any work. He sucks and on top of that does dumb poo....89 would rent space in his head

I'm sure there are players here 89 dislikes and I am sure we got dudes that dislike 89. Oppoaite true too

Yea Norman was the guy that was running his mouth about 89 before he even got here. He's going to talk trash to whoever is covering him, needs to be somebody that can keep their composure. Norman ain't that guy.

Archived