• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there is one thing i can say about Cam now with no second thought..

CPF4LIFE

Oh im spot on with the cult comment. It just hits closer to home than you care to admit.

I have no issue with the % of threads and what is discussed. Its the bizarre twisted allegiance to a player over the team with little to no objectivity of his performance.

Yeah I'm about to paraphrase Ghandi in the Panthers forum.

It isn't Cam I have a problem with. It's his followers.

Son.

You really have exposed yourself these last few months.

Is that he has clearly become the BEST player on this team. He has always been the most IMPORTANT player which is the norm for a QB but before today i think it was good argument on either him or Luke. NOT ANYMORE, Cam is the most important player on this team and THE Best player over Luke now. No matter how many times Rivera tries to take the game out his hands to prove his philosophy it doesnt change the fact it should be in Cams hands from now on when its crunch time.

Of course this has been going on for a while now, but i think a lot more people saw today during this game how this staff holds Cam back and not the other way around. Rivera exposed himself again today, he cant hide behind an incredible defense no more, if we are gonna continue to win games it needs be threw Cam making plays and not hoping the defense seals the game for us. It will be interesting to see if Rivera sticks by his ego or lets Cam become the guy to carry this team from here on out.

Winning shootouts is not apart of Riveras philosophy, teams are not supposed to be scoring anywhere near 37 points on us and when that has happened he has shown his flaws as a head coach.  Of course i dont want this to continue and still hope the defense gets their poo together but i think its obvious when they are off Cam needs to be the one to win the game for us. I thought Rivera would have understood this by now, i guess not.

This is not necessarily directed at you but:

I will say it again. If you are banking on Cam Newton, and THIS set of offensive player to win games...you are smoking crack.

Every year it is the same thing on the Huddle. All season, the Huddle complains about lack of offensive talent, how we could use 2 play making WRs, another TE won't hurt, and an upgraded o-line. We get to the draft and free agency, lose a couple of the few offensive talent already are thin at and they get older, we go all in on defense, the Huddle rejoices and says what a great job the FO has done, and say something like: "well the offense has another year together to improve...Cam will improve...and the defense will help the offense..."

And then come September, the Huddle is screaming about not being able to win shoot out with teams that have HEAVILY invested in the offensive side of the ball.

It is like 1/2 of you don't pay attention to what the FO is does in the off season...and that is NOT to become an offensive centered team.

This is like asking Denver's defense to carry the team while Peyton Manning and the rest of the offense is sucking huge portions of their resources up.

I bet my last dollar, we will complain about the lack of offensive talent, go into the off season, the Panther will use 2/3 draft picks on defense...much of the cap will be allocated to bringing in more defensive help...and September, 2015 we will be screaming about Newton needing to do more.

Quite the contrary. Im a big fan of Cam and knows what he brings and how valuable he is. I love tweaking the guys who don't get how bad a fanboy they are.

Expose. Lol

I love how people continue to expose themselves with the often-used "I love Cam! He's my QB! BUT... " line. 

Cam has been the best and most valuable player for this team ever since he was draft. Even the media doesn't debate that. Huddle threads questioning otherwise won't change that.

Then stop sweating the idiots who are brain dead football wise. Cam is fantastic .

Without Hardy and our expiring contracts, we should have around 27 million dollars available for next season to work with. That's excluding the savings from potentially cutting CJ.

Cap will be 140-144 tops, Not counting LTBE pay bumps, the Panthers have 129 million committed to 39 players. Move 6 million over and that's basically 123 with 12 spots to fill. Cap Hell not quite over with, especially if they cut CJ. CJ cap hit would be 14.4 million as pre June 1st, counting him the team will have 4 players with a cap hit of 10m or more.

Newton, Kalil, CJ, and Davis. None really cuttable as anything but June 1st.

Archived