• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You are Gettleman: knowing what you know now do you sign hardy to a big ass deal?

Hardy  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Pay him?

• Pay the man
    • Let him walk after the season

No. No. No. No. No.

We have 13million in dead money tied to him as we speak. Do you think he's a changed man?

I don't know if he actually did the crime right now and other then speeding and putting dumb poo on YouTube and insatgram. What egregious acts has he committed since he's been here?

People typically don't change much after adulthood. Hardy is a great DE, but the decisions he makes in his private life are extremely foolish. Let him go, and use the money to be aggressive in FA selecting offensive linemen and/or WRs.

I find it hypocritical that some people on here act like choosing the wrong people to hang with (girlfriend, friends or family) is such a isolated thing. We've all at one point in our life (if we're being honest) make bad decisions on who we choose to hang around with.

If we're being honest every man who dated more then a few women. Has a person they regret knowing.

I don't know if he actually did the crime right now and other then speeding and putting dumb poo on YouTube and insatgram. What egregious acts has he committed since he's been here?

He might be guilty of beating a woman. But we know he's guilty of putting himself in bad situations. This time it's DV. Next time maybe it's something else. But do you really think he will never draw the ire of the league again?

Long term sure.

Big ass deal???? You on drug??? The same man who took pic of 100+ shots, crashed a bike, speedometer of 200, and whopped his GF.

I'll offer him a 6yr/45mil.

Jay Williams crashed his bike and ruined his NBA career. Nobody thinks he's a scum bag

I find it hypocritical that some people on here act like choosing the wrong people to hang with (girlfriend, friends or family) is such a isolated thing. We've all at one point in our life (if we're being honest) make bad decisions on who we choose to hang around with.

If we're being honest every man who dated more then a few women. Has a person they regret knowing.

I certainly did.  But no one was taking a risk by paying me 13 million a year.   This is not about Hardy being a bad person, or a thug or lowlife or anything like that.  Its about not signing a risky player.  Hardy might wise up and remove the drama from his life, but the team cannot be certain of that, and they need to feel confident before paying him all the money he will demand.

He might be guilty of beating a woman. But we know he's guilty of putting himself in bad situations. This time it's DV. Next time maybe it's something else. But do you really think he will never draw the ire of the league again?

Which if people are honest and not trying to play the "moral authority" on the internet happens to a lot of good and bad people.

Add in the fact he's young and rich (which makes you a target) and you can have some level of understanding.

Archived