• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the official "ron fuging sucks" thread

We are stuck with Riverboat. Management ponied up for a long term instead of a 1 year extension to avoid the "Lame Duck" status.

Unfortunately one solid season was enough apparently to commit long term.

Get used to it. he ain't going anywhere.

Agree with your perspective.

However, I wish they can get rid of him.

It's no the fact today's a blow out. It happens

It's more so the repeated mistakes, poor clock management, and lack of aggression, that keeps repeating itself, letting us know, Ron Ron's not the one.

Panther fans, need the blue pill right about now.

Discipline is ALL on players.

You can tell a player 100 times to watch the ball (regarding the hard count) but at the end of the day the PLAYER makes the decision on what he's going to do.

The coaches prepare the team and the team executes the game plan.

We haven't executed today.

Penalties, missed tackles, blown coverage, an overall disinterest in the game.... That's not on the coaches.

ummm... wat

most people would attribute these to bad coaching.

Are you trying to insinuate that the only experience you've ever had coaching is your brief tenure calling plays on Madden 15?

Never played Madden 15. I have however been in a locker room enough to know when someone has no idea what they're looking at though (I'm talking about you)

ummm... wat

most people would attribute these to bad coaching.

Then they would be wrong....

Tackling: you're taught at a very young age how to tackle, if you still need to be coached up on tackling you shouldn't be in the NFL.

Penalties: Discipline is something that each player is accountable for. I can tell you as a coach to keep your cool but you don't have to listen to me. It's YOUR DECISION.

Disinterest in the Game: I can't force you as a coach to want to play. You have to have a desire to win.

Since when were penalties the coaches fault?

Discipline is the one thing in every sport that is ALL on the players.

Not sure if you got the memo: The least penalized teams, are usually considered well coached ones (certainly in that aspect).

Discipline has to be instilled. Players are not always on the same page.

So why is this an argument?

We expect Godfrey to get best and acknowledge that there is not really anything that can be done.

The team is cap strapped and there isn't another nickel on the roster.

well, this is an "argument" because you chose to respond to a question I posed while completely ignoring anything to do with my point... 

Any coach from pee wee football could see there was a massive liability on the field from the start and finding literally anyone that cost $2 would be an upgrade for a backup plan if your already rookie CB started slow or missed any games...   So what's your excuse?

Then they would be wrong....

Tackling: you're taught at a very young age how to tackle, if you still need to be coached up on tackling you shouldn't be in the NFL.

Penalties: Discipline is something that each player is accountable for. I can tell you as a coach to keep your cool but you don't have to listen to me. It's YOUR DECISION.

sorry bro i don't think you have a clue as to what you're talking about lol

Archived