• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Vs Hawks Game Thread

TheMaulClaw

I understand what you are saying but tonight, I won't be disappointed even if they don't mention us. It's their loss.

That was a heart attack, bliss, cuss, praise, scream, yell, middle finger, high five, drop to your knees, jump out of your seat, face palm, happy dance game.

Or to put it short, a crappy massage with a happy ending.

The facepalm part for me was with about 1.5 mins left in 2OT when my wife came in to the room and nonchalantly said "yay the hornets won". Knowing I recorded the game to cook and eat dinner. Damn women.

Me too.....but only because I am waiting for the next 2 hours to watch SC to see how woefully they cover our awesome win.  Or do they like us?

Can anyone tell me how much respect the Hornets get on SC?  I don't frequent there enough anymore to know.

Back to the Cleveland game.

I know they got a ton of respect from the NBA network after that game.  Even showed the Lance videobomb.

Other teams know this which is why someone else will be wide open.

It is still going to be what we do at end of games possessions, and if we hired 100 coaches 99 of them would do the same.

It is just the way coaches will do it. If we had another or better shot creater maybe Kemba doesn't have to be the guy so much.

But you are going to want to iso or pick and roll with your best playmaker, generally at the top of the key. It is the best way to manage the clock and get a decent shot.

I am sure they will look at tape and continue to maybe try and improve his decision making, but most opposing coaches are going to switch everything and not be helping off their men unless the are not a good shooter.

There is a reason why the VAST majority of game winnin attempts don't go in.

All I am really saying is Kemba iso or pick and roll is going to be the end game play more times than not unless we develop or sign a better shot creater.

The facepalm part for me was with about 1.5 mins left in 2OT when my wife came in to the room and nonchalantly said "yay the hornets won". Knowing I recorded the game to cook and eat dinner. Damn women.

If that would have happened here in my happy home of 17 years of wedded bliss, it might have looked something like this...

HqCQJ.gif

I know they got a ton of respect from the NBA network after that game.  Even showed the Lance videobomb.

Dammit.  I only get that channel in the living room.  I didn't think about the NBA Channel.  I am regulated to the "Playroom" after 9 PM as there is usually some type of homemaker/housewife gobiltygook on that the wifey can't miss.

No poo?  They giving us props?

P.S.  ESPN just showed our clip!  Giggity!!!

I actually didn't get to watch the game. I am out of town with no television, but was DVRING it back home. So I was keeping up with it on my phone.

My sister misread a tweet when we were up by 3 in overtime with like 5 seconds left. She nonchalantly says, "Hornets won" I said "my phone still says their is 5 seconds left" She said "it is probably just lagging"

Well, no it wasn't lagging, she misread the fugging tweet, and low and behold they nail a three to send it to double overtime.

Me in my irrational state snapped "you fugging jinxed them, they are going to double overtime!!"

She then looked again and admitted she misread the tweet. I almost smacked her in the face

It is still going to be what we do at end of games possessions, and if we hired 100 coaches 99 of them would do the same.

It is just the way coaches will do it. If we had another or better shot creater maybe Kemba doesn't have to be the guy so much.

But you are going to want to iso or pick and roll with your best playmaker, generally at the top of the key. It is the best way to manage the clock and get a decent shot.

I am sure they will look at tape and continue to maybe try and improve his decision making, but most opposing coaches are going to switch everything and not be helping off their men unless the are not a good shooter.

There is a reason why the VAST majority of game winnin attempts don't go in.

All I am really saying is Kemba iso or pick and roll is going to be the end game play more times than not unless we develop or sign a better shot creater.

We actually agree on this.  Kemba should get the majority of the last shots because of  his ability to create.  

I'm saying that occasionally you've got to shake that up like we did tonight.  Opponents scout.  When they see that you have the ability to draw up more then one play at the end of the game, it will keep them honest.  

I'll use the Panthers as an example.  If every time we get in the 10 yard line we draw up a fade to KB, defenses will pick up on it.  Sometimes you gotta go to Avant or Cotch in the endzone and use KB as a decoy.  

Tonight Kemba was used as a decoy so Lance had a good look.   That's all I'm saying.

Dammit.  I only get that channel in the living room.  I didn't think about the NBA Channel.  I am regulated to the "Playroom" after 9 PM as there is usually some type of homemaker/housewife gobiltygook on that the wifey can't miss.

No poo?  They giving us props?

P.S.  ESPN just showed our clip!  Giggity!!!

Yeah...probably about a 5 minute segment. Had a Lance interview.  Mike Fratello and Grant Hill giving Charlotte a lot of props.  Grant loves the unis.

Archived