• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you rather...

MichaelNewtonII

Quick question. Let's assume that if we turn this around and win the division that Ron Rivera and Mike Shula are retained to continue coaching the panthers next year. On the flip side let's assume if we miss playoffs that they are fired immediately after the season. Would you rather us make playoffs and have to deal with this incompetent coaching staff another year? Or just miss out on playoffs and get a coach who can lead this team correctly next year?

The ultimate nfl troll job staring your Carolina Panthers

Step one : make playoffs

Step two : seedings go like this

1 - packers

2 - cardinals

3 - eagles

4 - panthers

5 - cowboys

6 - Seahawks

Obviously we beat that cowboys round one because it's the playoffs and we just do.

On to the cardinals. Drew freaking stanton I mean come on that's a win

Now thankfully the Seahawks have done something we can't do. Beat the eagles and packers

Third or fifth or tenth times a charm right? Beat the Seahawks and go to the super bowl.

Yeah let's do that.

The goal is to go to the Superbowl. It's still within reach...so I'd rather have a shot than no shot at all (although I think the Packers have it in them to take it all the way). The defense looked good last week. Maybe that's just the jolt it needs to get our early season groove back. We'll beat Minnesota--there's no doubt about that.

I know its fun to say Ron's the cause of our woes a and perhaps if he had done something different we would have won an extra game or two but I'd like to see what would happen with an even playing field. in 2013 Ron won 12 games with the 3rd lowest payroll of

In football (94 mil).  Only oakland and j,ville spent less (65m and 84m).  The league average was 107m.

This year the league average cap spending is on actual players is 118m.  The panthers are fitth from the bottom at spending 109m  with other winners such as the jags, raiders, jets, and cowboys just below them.  Unfortunately included in the 109m is 13m for hardy, so we are really sitting at 96m dead last and 5m less than the lowly jets. 

This is what people mean when they say we are in "cap hell".  Its a real thing.

Making the playoffs simply because everyone else in the division stinks worse than we do is not very impressive IMO. Assuming that we do win the South, I have to be honest and say that we would lose against anyone we played. This team has been a freaking train wreck since the 2-0 start, and there's no way they magically turn everything around and win the last 5. 

If we make the playoffs and lose at home, JR will keep Ron for sure, Shula probably will be gone. If we miss the playoffs entirely, Ron still stays but Shula is gone no doubt. 

Making the playoffs simply because everyone else in the division stinks worse than we do is not very impressive IMO. Assuming that we do win the South, I have to be honest and say that we would lose against anyone we played. This team has been a freaking train wreck since the 2-0 start, and there's no way they magically turn everything around and win the last 5.

If we make the playoffs and lose at home, JR will keep Ron for sure, Shula probably will be gone. If we miss the playoffs entirely, Ron still stays but Shula is gone no doubt.

agreed

Archived