• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Wallace said Cam Newton will never be a franchise qb

Ruff

It's shocking to me that Matthias, MH8123(or whatever) and Anybodybuhbhubuh don't have NFL jobs with their TecmoBowl level football knowledge. .

The constant pushing of this myth about what a great QB can and can't do in the rayzor thin margin of error we've put Cam in this year is comical. .

Then you get clear and present evidence this weekend on what Cam can do. When the surrounding cast plays at a consistent level and they still can't see the water from the beach....

Lol

I will say it for the 100th time. The Panthers and the Saints played towards the end of last year, the very week that the Dolphins played the Jets.

The Panthers won the game after Newton threw a TD which essentially locked up a top 2 seed in the playoffs and beat the heated Saints. The Dolphins and specifically Tannehill had a horrible day offensively and pretty much locked themselves out the playoffs with the lost.

That VERY week, there was MORE threads and posters COMPLAINING about HOW Newton threw the game winning TD pass than there were EVEN MENTIONS about Tannehill on the Dolphins message board!!!!!

Let that sink in for a moment. The same week, somewhat similar situations as far as what was on the line.

There is more COMPLAINING about Newton in one week on the Huddle/Carolina, who's front office has done little to nothing to surround him with talent, than there is with the Bears/Chicago have with Jay Cutler, the 100+ million QB in his what 10th season and second mega deal who got to hand pick his offensive genius coach and franchise RB, talented line, talented TE, and 2 NO. 1 pro bowl level WRs.

Matt Ryan is the same thing.

Matt Stafford is the same thing.

And lets not even get started on people like Bradford, who the vast majority of St. Louis still think is a franchise QB because you know, he was Rookie of the Year once.

Sam Bradford isn't white. That one kinda puts a ding in your argument. Oops.

Put his numbers in his 1st 4 years against all of theirs and then give him the money because franchise QB'S get paid.

Put his numbers against who? And don't do the usual Manning, Brees, Brady comparison because it doesn't hold water when you begin to look at the salary cap when they were youngsters, what QBs were getting paid, etc.

This is an entirely new generation of QBs playing under a completely different CBA and salary cap. So, while you didn't come close to answering the question I asked the first time, I'm sure you won't again.

1. How much time and money (in other words, how long and how much) are you going to invest in Cam Newton to find out "what he could be."

2. When answering Question #1 above you must also consider the impact of whatever contract you decide to give him on the future contracts of Luke while filling all the gaping holes on the roster.

And no more evidence of that is needed than this thread.

Six bad games and one good game. Lets lock him down.

Cam needs consistency. That takes time. When he does this for 2 games, for a half season, for a full season---we should act as if he is the second coming. Until then, he is a work in progress. I love loyalty, fandom, etc. but signing an unproven (yes, he is uproven) qb to a $100 million deal is a huge gamble.

Signs are positive after the Saints game--that is all we can honestly say. The Saints have a bottom-three defense. Not ready to design a Cam postage stamp, but I am encouraged by what I saw. Sorry people, I just don't think you can build a franchise around a QB who moonlights as a RB (taking hits) and one whose play is bipolar--great, or needs excuses.

Because last season never happened.

How many QBS have proven themselves by the time they were 25 years old?

How many Pro Bowls does Cam need to go to before he has proven it?

Kid has 111 TDS right now and is only 25. Our entire offense had 11 or 12 the entire season before he arrived.

The market has been pretty much set for QBs. You may not like the price, but it is the price league wide.

I just am not sure what you and others are looking for. And I am not sure based on comments you guys make you would ever find it.

They have no argument. They had a preconceived idea and by god, they will be proven correct. Goal posts are on rollers in this place, because these types move them soo often.

I will say it for the 100th time. The Panthers and the Saints played towards the end of last year, the very week that the Dolphins played the Jets.

The Panthers won the game after Newton threw a TD which essentially locked up a top 2 seed in the playoffs and beat the heated Saints. The Dolphins and specifically Tannehill had a horrible day offensively and pretty much locked themselves out the playoffs with the lost.

That VERY week, there was MORE threads and posters COMPLAINING about HOW Newton threw the game winning TD pass than there were EVEN MENTIONS about Tannehill on the Dolphins message board!!!!!

Let that sink in for a moment. The same week, somewhat similar situations as far as what was on the line.

There is more COMPLAINING about Newton in one week on the Huddle/Carolina, who's front office has done little to nothing to surround him with talent, than there is with the Bears/Chicago have with Jay Cutler, the 100+ million QB in his what 10th season and second mega deal who got to hand pick his offensive genius coach and franchise RB, talented line, talented TE, and 2 NO. 1 pro bowl level WRs.

Matt Ryan is the same thing.

Matt Stafford is the same thing.

And lets not even get started on people like Bradford, who the vast majority of St. Louis still think is a franchise QB because you know, he was Rookie of the Year once.

I totally agree. I imagined you dropping the mic & walking away after that one.

Put his numbers against who? And don't do the usual Manning, Brees, Brady comparison because it doesn't hold water when you begin to look at the salary cap when they were youngsters, what QBs were getting paid, etc.

This is an entirely new generation of QBs playing under a completely different CBA and salary cap. So, while you didn't come close to answering the question I asked the first time, I'm sure you won't again.

1. How much time and money (in other words, how long and how much) are you going to invest in Cam Newton to find out "what he could be."

2. When answering Question #1 above you must also consider the impact of whatever contract you decide to give him on the future contracts of Luke while filling all the gaping holes on the roster.

You pay whatever it takes to keep your franchise QB. Like every team in the history of the league does when they have 1. Are you this clueless in the process. Franchise QB get paid. Teams that want them pay them.

You pay whatever it takes to keep your franchise QB. Like every team in the history of the league does when they have 1. Are you this clueless in the process. Franchise QB get paid. Teams that want them pay them.

You brought up the point, I asked the questions for you to explain your position and you failed to answer. Thanks for your non-contribution.

And by the way, Carolina has proven time after time they will not pay franchise players to stay in Carolina. More franchise players have left this team than joined it in free agency.

You brought up the point, I asked the questions for you to explain your position and you failed to answer. Thanks for your non-contribution.

And by the way, Carolina has proven time after time they will not pay franchise players to stay in Carolina. More franchise players have left this team than joined it in free agency.

They paid Jake so your wrong and still don't have a clue..

I explained my positions very well I'm sorry you're finding it hard to understand English. .

I'll type slowly and with double space for you..

Cam. Is. A Franchise. Qb.... HIs play over his career ( which includes being in the top 5 of almost every statistical category for a QB starting their career) proves this.... Teams historically pay for franchise QB.

Archived