• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jawnyblaze Pre-Combine Mock

JawnyBlaze

A healthy Stew is one of the better backs in the league and his dead money is outrageous the next 2 season. . So yes cutting him any sooner will hurt bad..

A lot of teams are devaluing the RB position. . We are now on a watch to see if one will be drafted in the 1st round every year now..

I just don't want to put resources into a devalued position. . All the new rules are to help the passing game.. We need to be able to take advantage of that..

Last if you build a good oline you can get a Blount off the trash heep and win..

I have to agree with this assessment. I would not absolutely hate using a second round pick on a RB but think we can find a guy in the late rounds. I think the next two years we should have Stew as the feature back and Fozzy along with another guy moving in the rotation. I know it failed miserably but Gaffney was a prime example last year. If he can come back from injury he will be decent.

A healthy Stew is one of the better backs in the league and his dead money is outrageous the next 2 season. . So yes cutting him any sooner will hurt bad..

A lot of teams are devaluing the RB position. . We are now on a watch to see if one will be drafted in the 1st round every year now..

I just don't want to put resources into a devalued position. . All the new rules are to help the passing game.. We need to be able to take advantage of that..

Last if you build a good oline you can get a Blount off the trash heep and win..

2011:

Marcus Gilbert or Demarco Murray?

2012:

Bobby Massie or Alfred Morris?

2013:

Terron Armstead or Eddie Lacy?

Best OT vs Best RB after pick 57! Which players add talent to our team?

So Stewart is better than anyone in this draft? Even when injured?

You know this to be fact?

He is a 1,000 yard RB in the NFL and none of these guys have done that have they..

You see the difference 1 thing is known the other is guessing. .

2011:

Marcus Gilbert or Demarco Murray?

2012:

Bobby Massie or Alfred Morris?

2013:

Terron Armstead or Eddie Lacy?

Best OT vs Best RB after pick 57! Which players add talent to our team?

Massie and Armstead would be starting at OT.. And for a team needing starting quality OT they would add more value.. to us..

Massie and Armstead would be starting at OT.. And for a team needing starting quality OT they would add more value.. to us..

Ok, you are arguing the point that we should reach for a T, no matter what. I don't really have to see us draft a RB. I just don't want us drafting a reach of a tackle when players with Pro Bowl potential are on the board.

Regardless of the position, you want to draft the most talented player at their position. If there comes a day where we need a position upgrade and we have multiple studs at a position the we can trade for what we need, but you can't get to be that way drafting for need! If Gman can implement his will, in 5 years, we will have more trade transactions than any other team! We will also be the most stacked talent wise!

Now, my wet dream is we draft 8 starters this year with 2 OT's among those 8. However, history defies the odds of getting 2 starting OT's in the same draft.

My point behind taking Gordon or Coleman, what if they are studs and they can be! If JStew is our no.2 RB because we have a better RB than him, then we are a better team. If our "committee" consist of 2 pro bowl caliber RB's then we are set and in the biggest way being, not having to offer outrageous contracts to keep what little talent we have

La'el Collins with a 25th.. i wish you luck..

Abdullah well he is an outstanding player but imho with our 2 he will be long gone and with our one.. do we really need another RB, even one so good?

With a 3, YES, i like both Justin Hardy and Devin Smith.

La'el Collins with a 25th.. i wish you luck..

Abdullah well he is an outstanding player but imho with our 2 he will be long gone and with our one.. do we really need another RB, even one so good?

With a 3, YES, i like both Justin Hardy and Devin Smith.

Yea, I realize Collins and Abdullah could be gone by our picks, but they could just as easily be there.  Who knows at this point how the rankings will shake out.  If Collins gets taken higher, that means someone else falls to us and there's a good 5 or 6 OTs at least I think are worth our pick at #25.  Another guy in the 2nd rd RB mix with Abdullah, Gordon and Gurley is Mike Davis, USC.  I was reading something that said some teammates thought he was better than Lattimore BEFORE Lattimore's injury.  Probably exaggeration, but there should be a few acceptable options at OT in the 1st and RB in the 2nd, and if not then we move on to the next position of highest importance and see if there's a guy available there worth our pick.

Ok, you are arguing the point that we should reach for a T, no matter what. I don't really have to see us draft a RB. I just don't want us drafting a reach of a tackle when players with Pro Bowl potential are on the board.

Regardless of the position, you want to draft the most talented player at their position. If there comes a day where we need a position upgrade and we have multiple studs at a position the we can trade for what we need, but you can't get to be that way drafting for need! If Gman can implement his will, in 5 years, we will have more trade transactions than any other team! We will also be the most stacked talent wise!

Now, my wet dream is we draft 8 starters this year with 2 OT's among those 8. However, history defies the odds of getting 2 starting OT's in the same draft.

My point behind taking Gordon or Coleman, what if they are studs and they can be! If JStew is our no.2 RB because we have a better RB than him, then we are a better team. If our "committee" consist of 2 pro bowl caliber RB's then we are set and in the biggest way being, not having to offer outrageous contracts to keep what little talent we have

My opinion is none of these RB'S well (maybe Gurley) is all world talent that you have to have.. I think RB is a position that you can get a player rated lower than the top guys and still get the same impact.. Thank you for mentioning Alfred Morris (6th round pick)... who clearly makes my point.. I think a back like Langford, Allen, or Robinson can have the same impact as Gordon or Abdullah for us...

My opinion is none of these RB'S well (maybe Gurley) is all world talent that you have to have.. I think RB is a position that you can get a player rated lower than the top guys and still get the same impact.. Thank you for mentioning Alfred Morris (6th round pick)... who clearly makes my point.. I think a back like Langford, Allen, or Robinson can have the same impact as Gordon or Abdullah for us...

Not disputing that you can get stud RBs in late Rds. I just want the stud player regardless of his position! This year appears to be a good class for RBs. A lot of mocks have first rd worthy RBs going in 2 and 3, again back to your positional devaluation trend. The fan mocks we post, most have us taking an RB in 2 or 3 round and you chime in saying "waste pick."

I posted the OT vs RB bit to illustrate the probability of getting a stud tackle goes down after first 45 picks. The players I listed were 3 pro bowlers vs 3 mediocre at their positions. All the pro bowlers were running backs!

I challenge you to look up the drafts of the last 8 years and tell me the likelihood of us getting a Stud OT, much less a stud LT, after pick 57! Not saying it can't happen, just what are the odds that it could?

Bellichek has figured out that 25% percent of his picks are contributing players! If you need 3, then make sure you have 12 picks. Probability and statistics play a big part in the draft as it should.

Archived