• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speed is a must this offseason.

Bj-Monster23

The biggest talk this offseason is the Panthers lack team speed. On offense it's time now that we get Cam Newton a legit weapon in free agency specifically at WR. In my opinion, it might be a complete pipe dream, but I'm all for at least making an attempt to grab a guy like Randall Cobb in free agency. I know that Gettleman has already said he doesn't plan on shopping at Tiffany's and that's fine. But we have to get Cam Newton a legit weapon who can complement Kelvin Benjamin extremely well and Cobb is that guy. I don't think the philosophy will change with the Panthers being ballers in free agency but getting Cobb would be a steal.

I'd be ecstatic with Kenny Britt or Cecil Shorts. Josh Morgan and Brandon Tate could give us some good value and help the return game and be a good option at WR4.

Obviously a dream signing would be Maclin or Cobb. Another guy who I would love to have, but probably won't happen, is Crabtree.

Im on the Devin Smith bandwagon myself.  However the need to upgrade team speed is obvious.  Watching other teams basically steal 8 yards because they have speed/quickness at the WR position is annoying as hell when we can't do it.

Think about it, when was the last time you saw a Carolina receiver just run away from coverage? (hint. Ted Ginn).  How about a wide open receiver that wasn't part of a busted play on defense?  What about a short completion turned into a 50 yard gain that wasn't a screen to Deangelo? 

The addition of speed on the defense resulted in a drastic change. It will also be much better when we get the limited Roman Harper off the field.  I expect the same on offense.  However it has to be the right kind of speed. Philly Brown isn't slow but he doesn't have the speed that keeps DB"s up at night.  I think we need to bring Ginn back and add 1 or 2 more speed guys and WR.   Dream scenario is someone like Maclin, Britt (Cobb isn't leaving GB) and Devin Smith in the draft. 

I like Cobb...........with Aaron Rodgers.

There's no way he'd put up the same kind of #s here and people would start getting pissed that we payed him x $$$$$.

It's not about putting up numbers it's about moving the chains. He lead the lead with the most first down catches by a WR. He will open up the field for Benji and Olsen.

The biggest talk this offseason is the Panthers lack team speed. On offense it's time now that we get Cam Newton a legit weapon in free agency specifically at WR. In my opinion, it might be a complete pipe dream, but I'm all for at least making an attempt to grab a guy like Randall Cobb in free agency. I know that Gettleman has already said he doesn't plan on shopping at Tiffany's and that's fine. But we have to get Cam Newton a legit weapon who can complement Kelvin Benjamin extremely well and Cobb is that guy. I don't think the philosophy will change with the Panthers being ballers in free agency but getting Cobb would be a steal.

I'm all in for speed , would love to see a little more come our way.

It's not about putting up numbers it's about moving the chains. He lead the lead with the most first down catches by a WR. He will open up the field for Benji and Olsen.

Yeah but we'd pay him based off his performance this past season, which I don't think he could duplicate here. Therefore, a bad investment.

Archived