• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Considered "Best WR to Come Out since Calvin Johnson."

nctarheel0619

Ageed TD, I understand both sides. Me id need far more information to give my blessing on picking him. I do know a few things. Giving millions to anyone who continues to make bad choices, almost always ends bad. Another is alllllll the mistakes, issues, and police problems the public don't know about. Most times its 4x that of what is known. I'm sure the police dgb gave breaks, but like all the other times he failed to take advance. The coaches and college, I'm sure have covered up plenty more than a few weed issues and pushing females. Plus having one pound of weed is different than a couple grams...

That said he has top five talent in a above average draft. Someone mention a good idea, dgb needs a 24/7 professional man-child sitter. Even when he gos to the bathroom, the sitter needs to be with him. Id also be in favor of lots of random drug testing for him, form the team not nfl. He'd also need a great support group around, positive smart males mainly. Plus sometime to fill the down time, outside the BOA. So many problems happen due idle time, and believe or not pro NFLers have lots of free time.

I also don't understand how anyone can call DGB the best WR coming out of college since Megatron. He isn't a WR right now. He's a WR prospect. The guy has less than 1300 receiving yards in his entire college career.

Johnson had nearly 3000 receiving yards while playing in a damn triple option.

DGB is one helluva WR prospect, but he isn't polished and he has a ton of question marks. I trust the organization to do their homework on the guy, but there's no way in hell I'd take him at #25. I'd have concerns if we took him in the 2nd and he probably won't be there anyway. He sure as hell won't be there in the 3rd.

In other words, I don't want him.

The OP majorly misstated / exaggerated what was actually said in the article.

No one called him that.

@TopDawg

DGB has legit upside no denying that but best WR prospect since Megatron is a hyperbole...

As for us drafting him at 25, I'd be shocked. Even if he checks out for his off the field stuff, he has limited college snaps. I just don't see DG having him as BPA at that juncture.

Archived