• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Core players vs non core players list..

WOW!!

MKG is the team's MVP. All you have to do is look at the way the team plays with out compared to with him.

It's like night and day. As for why so many people like him and think he's the best player on the team, is that he can guard multiple positions. Guards the other team's best player, Team's best defensive player.  He's also the team's best player in transition with or without the ball. Is developing a solid mid range game, can drive inside. Rebounds at an elite level for his position.

MKG is the team's MVP. All you have to do is look at the way the team plays with out compared to with him.

It's like night and day. As for why so many people like him and think he's the best player on the team, is that he can guard multiple positions. Guards the other team's best player, Team's best defensive player.  He's also the team's best player in transition with or without the ball. Is developing a solid mid range game, can drive inside. Rebounds at an elite level for his position.

And all this at 21 years of age.

No way. I don't understand the love affair fans have with this guy. (Not that you and I have ever agreed on anything, but that's beside the point.)

He's not bad and he's a good defender, the best on the team. Even though he "held" Carmelo to 61 points last year. But best player? Nope. He's not a go-to guy, he's not a scorer, he can't take over a game. He will never be an All-Star. He will never represent this team in the Olympics. He's lovable for reasons I don't understand, especially considering he's Gerald Wallace without the scoring ability or consistency. 

But far be it from me to mess with the MKG Fan Club that exists on here and another board.

He's not a go-to guy, he's not a scorer, he can't take over a game

Agreed.  And guess what, nobody on the Hornets is that guy either.

He will never be an All-Star. 

Probably correct.  But nobody on the Hornets roster is All Star worthy either, with the exception of maybe Big Al from last year.

He will never represent this team in the Olympics. 

Again, Hornets roster.  

But nobody on the Hornets roster is All Star worthy either, with the exception of maybe Big Al from last year.

Kemba had a legitimate shot at getting the last All-Star spot before he injured his knee, and that's despite having a less-than-stellar start to the season.

Having said that, I know the chic thing on here is to diss him.

MKG

Kemba

Zeller

Those three are our core as we grow. Whether Kemba can play with Steph Curry when he comes home in 2017 I'm not sure.

I'm also keeping my eye on Vonleh and Hairston to be in the mix when the prodigal son returns and we better have a couple more pieces in place by then.

Besides Hendo and Stephenson who are expendable for their own reasons, everyone else is old or broke and therefore expendable.

Kemba had a legitimate shot at getting the last All-Star spot before he injured his knee, and that's despite having a less-than-stellar start to the season.

Having said that, I know the chic thing on here is to diss him.

Yeah, John Wall, Kyle Lowry, Jeff Teague, Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose........ 

Derrick Rise doesn't belong on anything like this and won't again. Even before his injury he was not playing well at all.

Stats don't tell the whole story but stats say that D Rose was better than Kemba.

I don't want this to turn into a Kemba comparison. He made major improvements this year. But all star he is not. And nobody on the hornets roster seems deserving.

Clifford talked on WFNZ this morning and said not only is Jeff Taylor ahead of PJ in the rotation, but Troy Daniels as well. He has a long way to go to be a core player.

http://wfnz.com/2015/03/03/hornets-coach-steve-clifford-talks-mkg-mo-williams-playoffs-run/

I could easily see PJ getting traded in the offseason along with obvious candidates. The roster this offseason could be in a major flux, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. That's what a rebuilding squad does, we just happen to be in a conference bad enough that rebuilding teams can make the playoffs.

Archived