• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles and Bills: Major Trade

Mark S

good cap move, traded a player at the end of his career for a player at the beginning of one. took balls and a swallowing of emotional attachment to pull off.

in other words, a solid football move by a good front office.

Bills got screwed in my opinion. Alonso will be a top 10 linebacker for a while. McCoy is getting at the age where rb's generally slow down.

Imagine the epic meltdown if we traded Luke for an aging RB.

2cd3r8.jpg

McCoy is only 26.

Do a little bit of research, running backs don't generally decline because of age... They decline because of the beating they take... Williams and McCoy now have similar career touches the guy has carried the ball a lot.

Why do people completely disregard touches in college? Mccoy had fewer average touches p.a. in the NFL than he had in college.

Usually a rb's career is over at 28.

I hope not, Stu is almost 28.

Elite RB's usually last a tad longer ie Peterson, Lynch and Foster. DeMarco is FA's prized RB and even he's a year older than McCoy. While McCoy did get more carries under Kelly you have to remember they run a high tempo so they have more snaps per game. McCoy doesn't take punishing hits like Stu would take on either, he finds space and jukes those big hits.

Now Kelly has to go out and replace these players he's letting go. His 1st rounder Smith looks like a bust and not many FA's have worked out bar Barwin and Jenkins that I can recall.

MLB is the new cushy soft spot for players with little athletic ability to land a career. Just wait for the DL to engage then land on the pile and earn a tackle. Those half tackles adds up. Kuechly is sneaky.

That's why the announcers keep mentioning he always finish the play. He would run 15-20 yard to land on a pile that ended 5 seconds ago. I bet he didn't think I would notice that. Sneaky Luke. That's his new nickname, Sneaky Luke. Guys like Wagner are too athletically proud to do that. But not Luke.

Luke had the best measurables out of all lbs but bench at the combine. Beating Wagner so go away child

I hope not, Stu is almost 28.

Elite RB's usually last a tad longer ie Peterson, Lynch and Foster. DeMarco is FA's prized RB and even he's a year older than McCoy. While McCoy did get more carries under Kelly you have to remember they run a high tempo so they have more snaps per game. McCoy doesn't take punishing hits like Stu would take on either, he finds space and jukes those big hits.

Now Kelly has to go out and replace these players he's letting go. His 1st rounder Smith looks like a bust and not many FA's have worked out bar Barwin and Jenkins that I can recall.

Anyone willing to pay top dollar for Demarco is stupid too. If you haven't seen a Dallas work him to death, then you have no eyes. Over worked running backs don't last, ask Barry Sanders.

Anyone willing to pay top dollar for Demarco is stupid too. If you haven't seen a Dallas work him to death, then you have no eyes. Over worked running backs don't last, ask Barry Sanders.

LOL, Barry Sanders WALKED AWAY healthy from the game because of his frustration with losing playing for the Lions. He actually wanted the Lions to release him but back then FA was in its infancy and the Lions were never gonna let him play for someone else. Here are Sanders last 3 years in Detroit:

Age 28 1553 yards 11 TD's

Age 29 2053 yards 11 TD's

Age 30 1491 yards 4 TD's

And that's just the rushing stats. He went to the Pro Bowl EVERY year he played. If you're going to spout nonsense at least educate yourself first.

And we'll see soon enough what DeMarco is worth. Do you think Jammal Charles is suddenly gonna start sucking too?

LOL, Barry Sanders WALKED AWAY healthy from the game because of his frustration with losing playing for the Lions. He actually wanted the Lions to release him but back then FA was in its infancy and the Lions were never gonna let him play for someone else. Here are Sanders last 3 years in Detroit:

Age 28 1553 yards 11 TD's

Age 30 1491 yards 4 TD's

And that's just the rushing stats. He went to the Pro Bowl EVERY year he played. If you're going to spout nonsense at least educate yourself first.

And we'll see soon enough what DeMarco is worth. Do you think Jammal Charles is suddenly gonna start sucking too?

You must have never ever heard an interview with Barry and the struggles of being a workhorse on every play at the end of his career. Please just listen to him talk.

Emmitt Smith said that he was extremely lucky to be one of the few that lasted through his entire career.

And here's an article for you to read, just so you realize that few are the exception, not the standard.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=123542&src=desktop

LOL, Barry Sanders WALKED AWAY healthy from the game because of his frustration with losing playing for the Lions. He actually wanted the Lions to release him but back then FA was in its infancy and the Lions were never gonna let him play for someone else. Here are Sanders last 3 years in Detroit:

Age 28 1553 yards 11 TD's

Age 30 1491 yards 4 TD's

And that's just the rushing stats. He went to the Pro Bowl EVERY year he played. If you're going to spout nonsense at least educate yourself first.

I'm even going to give you two more sources to look at. So please, give me an article that says rb's do not age faster than other positions, carries do not affect career outputs, and there's a drop off in productivity at a certain age.

http://www.footballperspective.com/a-closer-look-at-running-back-aging-patterns-part-ii/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/16/age-of-decline-rb1/

You must have never ever heard an interview with Barry and the struggles of being a workhorse on every play at the end of his career. Please just listen to him talk.

Emmitt Smith said that he was extremely lucky to be one of the few that lasted through his entire career.

And here's an article for you to read, just so you realize that few are the exception, not the standard.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=123542&src=desktop

You said something incredibly stupid about Barry Sanders. He was productive into his 30's and walked away because he lost his desire for the game in Detroit. I have heard him talk and he has stated he could have played a few more years. His body wasn't broken down from his carries like you're trying to imply.

Archived