• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers on the verge of Greatness?

Jangler

Given that this team plays just like every other John Fox coached team that we've seen, I find it difficult to think that they'll be any different two weeks or two months from now. I'll keep watching and rooting for my team, but we've been disappointed too many times. Truthiness is, it's gonna be like this until we get someone new driving the bus.

i think we have the components to make a colts type run on the division, but those components have to show more effort than what they have so far. they just seem to be going through the motions so far. i have seen a lot of tries at stripping the ball, but gamble looked to have been in position to tip some passes last night, and I have no idea why he didn't make the effort to do it.

1) the panthers have alot of injuries of 1st team guys that normally play together...but Del(plzzz go)homme still looks like the same old same old to me...2)Delhomme will never be "the man"...til we get a real qb we wont be going anywhere...he proved that to me last year playing Detroit,the worst team in NFL history and he had what 55 yards passing?...3)I would use Mcnown this year do or die and at end of year send Peppers(Mr. I Dont Wont To Be Here) and some draft choices to whoever has the #1 pick in 2010 and grab The Golden Calf of Bristol...then with all the great weapons we have on offense if the secondary grows up kemo comes back to stop the run and E.Brown can take up the void left by Peppers in the games he tries then we can talk long ways in the playoffs...4) UMMMMMMMM.....Cowher may be ready to comeback next year and if its so its time for Foxie to exit stage left and pick up a real coach...then we R talking dynasty rather than hope we can get to second round of playoffs....I'm sick of the same crap of watching this crappy defense that plays with no inspiraton that cant tackle and looks like they dont care...sick of Jakes very bad "Brett Farve" imitation...and giving ridiculous amounts of money to guys who dont wanna be here in the 1st place...sick of this game plan...run,run,pass,punt...every freaking time,please mix it up throw some on 1st down do some dump passes over the middle...watch film of how the cardinals dinked us to death and follow that...its either a long bomb,screen to smith(which people have learned better to defend no so doesnt work as well),or an out pattern or Jake thowing off his back foot ala Farve but yet he's not as good as Farve and just doesnt realize it and Fox doesnt realize it either but keeps rolling with him and keeps going another year without drafting a QB....getting very old guys time to try a do some different things...great coaches are known because they know how to make ADJUSTMENTS....Fox has no clue what that is or how to do it.:eek:

You may have something really important to say. But I'll never know until you format that. I quit after 3 sentences.

Given that this team plays just like every other John Fox coached team that we've seen, I find it difficult to think that they'll be any different two weeks or two months from now. I'll keep watching and rooting for my team, but we've been disappointed too many times. Truthiness is, it's gonna be like this until we get someone new driving the bus.
Cowher!;)

1) the panthers have alot of injuries of 1st team guys that normally play together...but Del(plzzz go)homme still looks like the same old same old to me...2)Delhomme will never be "the man"...til we get a real qb we wont be going anywhere...he proved that to me last year playing Detroit,the worst team in NFL history and he had what 55 yards passing?...3)I would use Mcnown this year do or die and at end of year send Peppers(Mr. I Dont Wont To Be Here) and some draft choices to whoever has the #1 pick in 2010 and grab The Golden Calf of Bristol...then with all the great weapons we have on offense if the secondary grows up kemo comes back to stop the run and E.Brown can take up the void left by Peppers in the games he tries then we can talk long ways in the playoffs...4) UMMMMMMMM.....Cowher may be ready to comeback next year and if its so its time for Foxie to exit stage left and pick up a real coach...then we R talking dynasty rather than hope we can get to second round of playoffs....I'm sick of the same crap of watching this crappy defense that plays with no inspiraton that cant tackle and looks like they dont care...sick of Jakes very bad "Brett Farve" imitation...and giving ridiculous amounts of money to guys who dont wanna be here in the 1st place...sick of this game plan...run,run,pass,punt...every freaking time,please mix it up throw some on 1st down do some dump passes over the middle...watch film of how the cardinals dinked us to death and follow that...its either a long bomb,screen to smith(which people have learned better to defend no so doesnt work as well),or an out pattern or Jake thowing off his back foot ala Farve but yet he's not as good as Farve and just doesnt realize it and Fox doesnt realize it either but keeps rolling with him and keeps going another year without drafting a QB....getting very old guys time to try a do some different things...great coaches are known because they know how to make ADJUSTMENTS....Fox has no clue what that is or how to do it.:eek:
I'm not a Jake hater yet but The Golden Calf of Bristol does sound tempting,we won't get him though!Our biggest problem is the "paper thin" defense!I'm starting to get on the Cowher bandwagon,fox had his run but is proving to be ineffective now!What is the definition of insanity,trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result,ex-runrunpasspunt!:Yawn::mad:

Or on the edge of Oblivion?

Is Coach Fox playing the part of the Great Deceiver? Not showing anything of how great this team can be? This has to be the worst preseason I have ever seen from the Panthers. I'm not talking about the 0-3 record, that means nothing to me. I'm talking about the lack of anything from this team, offence or defense. After watching last nights game, it got me to thinking. Is Coach Fox just hiding how good we are. Nobody seems to be very mad about anything. Even Jake is surprisingly calm! So are the Panthers the best actors ever? Not showing anything of the team that will take the field September 13. A complete deception? Man I hope so!!

I was just now able to watch the game and the same thing was going through my mind.

However, I don't think I watched the same game that everyone else watched because from what is being talked about. I thought the starters looked really good on offense considering that Williams and Stewart were both out. And then on defense, DT struggled and the secondary looked lost but like you said it almost looked like they were doing some of that on purpose.

IMO, Fox seems like he is being very causious with injuries. I don't like that approach but I'm not the coach of a multi-million dollar pay role. I think a lot of the "playcalling" is designed to test certain players while at the same time trying to limit the chance of injury.

Or they could really suck that bad. It's the preseason, who the hell knows.

Our offense actually looked better last night. Some plays got called back because of penalties, but Jake looked to be more comfortable than in the first two games. He used to have that deer in the headlights playoff loss hangover look in the other two games. And not many teams can get that great of production from their 3rd string back.

Our offense actually looked better last night. Some plays got called back because of penalties, but Jake looked to be more comfortable than in the first two games. He used to have that deer in the headlights playoff loss hangover look in the other two games. And not many teams can get that great of production from their 3rd string back.

This. Rep.

Penalties hurt last night. I rewatched the game this morning and don't feel too bad about the performance.

The offense did look better last evening, but the D scares me to death. It seems everyone moves at will either through the air or on the ground. The Iggles do both well.

Hoping its all make believe but the realist in my does not see more than 6-10 especially with our schedule. Tampa seems the only sure wins at the moment.

Archived