• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jacobs: "I'm Playing"

realstandman

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/12/jacobs-im-playing.html

Brandon Jacobs said today he will be playing in the Giants’ NFC showdown against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday night.

In fact, he added, he could’ve played last Sunday night, too.

Jacobs, who sat out the Giants’ loss in Dallas with an injured left knee, said all that this morning, while backstage at an event in Columbus High School in the Bronx. According to Blue Screen correspondant Matt Gagne, Jacobs was talking to a group of teachers when he was asked if he’d be OK for the game.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’m playing this weekend. I should have played last week, but with playoffs coming up, you know …”

Though Tom Coughlin had said Jacobs wasn’t healthy enough to play in the Giants’ 20-8 loss to the Cowboys, the Giants were also being cautious with their No. 1 back. Jacobs had said a week of rest would help his knee, and the Giants wanted him healthy for the Panthers game and for the playoffs.

On Monday, Coughlin said he wasn’t sure if Jacobs would be able to practice tomorrow.

He's not even a top tier back. I don't get it. He's just big and can mow over people. That doesn't make you good. That just makes you big. As long as we hit hard we'll be alright. We've been stopping the run game all year. All teams do is pass on us, and our corners can, hopefully, hang with their receivers.

So what we have shut down the best backs in the leauge he is no diffrent and prob want be 100%

Have you seen this guy? He is much different than the rest of the backs in the league. He's a linebacker that decided he wanted to be a RB. I really hope you are right, but I fear him just running our D over. much like when NY faced the ravens.

Archived