• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The genius that is the Gettleman 2014 draft

SIGCHI222

Yep, this.

I love how Panther fans call a draft a success after one year

Guess what?

If none of the rookies had produced like they did, you and others would be on your soap boxes proclaiming THE DOWNFALL OF THE REALM and the DISASTER THAT IS GETTLEDOUCHE.

I know that it strikes you as weird how fans are actually OPTIMISTIC about their team.

Btw this thread is at 5 pages and I still lmfao to read "Missed out on Stanley Jean-Baptiste" and "Missed out on Khairi Fortt".

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

PS-not to mention no 3rd due to the trade to get the shrimp...er Cooks.

Guess what?

If none of the rookies had produced like they did, you and others would be on your soap boxes proclaiming THE DOWNFALL OF THE REALM and the DISASTER THAT IS GETTLEDOUCHE.

I know that it strikes you as weird how fans are actually OPTIMISTIC about their team.

Our 5th round pick btw was also named to the SI all under 25 team, over and with guys with multiple years in the league.

Guess what?

Not me. I'll give it some time before I say whether I like Gettle. At least two more drafts, more cap room, and our star players contracts are dealt with, not to mention the biggest part of all, our wins/losses and success as a team.

I have no problem with optimism and I am full of it seeing what Gettle has done with so little. But I won't call all his draft players starters after not even one offseason and I certainly won't call him a genius. Not yet.

don't see the genius, first few rounds were ok but he really messed up later rounds. Horrible trade for Bene , could have gotten the same picks and not given up a 7th. The best pick was Turner as KB was a no brainer . Ealy was a value pick but would much rather have Jarvis Landry from your list. The Boston pick was a big reach where Bene would not have been so much a reach at 4  or could have gone with De Anthony Thomas at 4 and still get Bene at our original 5 spot. could have gotten Boston in 6th.

Lol. You tell us how GMan is reaching with the Boston Pick and then to tell how we should use our 4th on a guy who we traded up for in Bene instead, whle you blast  the trade because he would have lasted until our original pick in the 5th? Yeah, logic

Archived