• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

Can't overlook that Dalton has one of the best offensive lines in the league and two great young backs. He doesn't have to shoulder the running and passing game like Cam does. He's got two bookend tackles, an elite WR, two dominant young backs, one of the leagues best OCs, and good guards to boot.

If you didn't look it up, you wouldn't know but since Cam has been in the league, our RBs have produced more yds than Dalton's RBs apart from last year when the injury bug hit us hard.

At this point all these claims about Dalton having better weapons is looking like a made up fact.

All I want is for this team to legitimately make a real effort to build around our franchise QB. Can you think of a team that has put less around their young QB lately? This defense as is can be amongst the leagues best. We are severely lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball outside of KB, Olsen, and Cam. Stew is great when he is healthy and that hasn't been the norm. Sign Jennings, draft a big time talent at WR in the first and a couple tackles to develop and I'm one happy camper. If we come out loading up on the defensive side of the ball in the draft don't be surprised when our offense is poor and Cam takes a beating once again. There's no excuse for that. This entire off-season should be dedicated to putting our young franchise QB in a position to succeed.

What is a good comp% for a 3rd year player then??

How many 3rd year QB did better than 62%??

You are completely contradicting yourself. .

You say you don't look at other QB'S but you know what a good comp% is? ??

How do you know if you don't look at other QB'S??

What is Luck's comp% since by most analysts he is the god of QBing..

Luck was 61.7 % this year. Ryan was 62.5, Rodgers 65.7 3rd year starting, Rivers 65.3 3rd year starting, Stafford 63.7, Tannehill 66.4, Wilson 63.1, Dalton 61.9, Flacco 62.6, Romo was 61.3 and that was his only sub 62% season of his career, Palmer 62.3, Brees 65.5 3rd year starting, Orton 62.1 3rd year starting

If you didn't look it up, you wouldn't know but since Cam has been in the league, our RBs have produced more yds than Dalton's RBs apart from last year when the injury bug hit us hard.

At this point all these claims about Dalton having better weapons is looking like a made up fact.

Cedric Benson 2011 was a 1,000 yard back

Ben Jarvis Green Elise in 2012 was a 1,000 yard back

2013 Green Elise and Good Bernard combined for 1,500 yards

And of course 2014 Bernard and Hill combined for 1,700 yards. .

What were you saying again??

Luck was 61.7 % this year. Ryan was 62.5, Rodgers 65.7 3rd year starting, Rivers 65.3 3rd year starting, Stafford 63.7, Tannehill 66.4, Wilson 63.1, Dalton 61.9, Flacco 62.6, Romo was 61.3 and that was his only sub 62% season of his career, Palmer 62.3, Brees 65.5 3rd year starting, Orton 62.1 3rd year starting

Are these stats from 3 years experience QB's ??

Your first point was that Cam was holding passing records bla bla. I used stats to prove you wrong.

Then you said weapons bla bla, I have used stats to prove you wrong.

Now you want me to go ahead and do targets for you? Dude how about you put in some work to prove your points and stop pulling statements out your ass.

I have no problem looking with my own two eyes and seeing that the Bengals have a superior running game. I'm not about to take the time to subtract Cam and Dalton's rushing stats from the team totals since 2011 and see who had a better running game. 

As for last year...the Bengals had 15 rushing touchdowns from their backs outside of Dalton on the ground. Subtract Cam's rushing TDs...Carolina backs accounted for 4. Four touchdowns for all running backs in an entire season. That is a problem. 

All I want is for this team to legitimately make a real effort to build around our franchise QB. Can you think of a team that has put less around their young QB lately? This defense as is can be amongst the leagues best. We are severely lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball outside of KB, Olsen, and Cam. Stew is great when he is healthy and that hasn't been the norm. Sign Jennings, draft a big time talent at WR in the first and a couple tackles to develop and I'm one happy camper. If we come out loading up on the defensive side of the ball in the draft don't be surprised when our offense is poor and Cam takes a beating once again. There's no excuse for that. This entire off-season should be dedicated to putting our young franchise QB in a position to succeed.

It's so simple. . You want him to be better put better players around him..

Actually, I did take the time to look up the rushing stats for each team from 2011 onwards. Subtracting Cam's rushing totals, the Panthers have amassed 5,987 yards on the ground. Subtracting Dalton's rushing totals, the Bengals have amassed 6,801 yards on the ground. 

So yeah, Dalton's running game has been superior in yards and in touchdowns. Better backs behind a better offensive line, and that's what you get. 

Next. 

I have no problem looking with my own two eyes and seeing that the Bengals have a superior running game. I'm not about to take the time to subtract Cam and Dalton's rushing stats from the team totals since 2011 and see who had a better running game. 

As for last year...the Bengals had 15 rushing touchdowns from their backs outside of Dalton on the ground. Subtract Cam's rushing TDs...Carolina backs accounted for 4. Four touchdowns for all running backs in an entire season. That is a problem. 

Yeah, do not let stats get in your way. And as I stated, the running game has been no different between the two EXCEPT last year when the injury bug hit our RB group.

Yeah, do not let stats get in your way. And as I stated, the running game has been no different between the two EXCEPT last year when the injury bug hit our RB group.

Injuries are apart of the game. Every team deals with them. The Bengals have a better rushing attack and a superior offensive line. The stats, since you are so fond of them, back that claim up as well. 

Actually, I did take the time to look up the rushing stats for each team from 2011 onwards. Subtracting Cam's rushing totals, the Panthers have amassed 5,987 yards on the ground. Subtracting Dalton's rushing totals, the Bengals have amassed 6,801 yards on the ground. 

So yeah, Dalton's running game has been superior in yards and in touchdowns. Better backs better a better offensive line, and that's what you get. 

Next. 

Until the start of the 2014 season, there was no difference between the RB yds between Cam and Dalton. And your simplistic way of calculating rushing yds is flawed. You have to take out all those WR touches.

Archived