• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maine's 2015 Mock Draft (Comp. Picks Included)

Yep.

I've seen this kid play all year here in Orlando. Honestly, the only reason he's getting ANY hype now is because of his 40 time. I don't remember more than two posters in here who labeled Perriman as a potential sleeper in the mid rounds.

A couple weeks later, he runs a 4.2-4.3 and all the sudden he's a can't-miss prospect. Good lord...

I was 100 percent on KB being the first pic, but your right, many was not.

I personally don't make predictions as much as I inform about someone else's, so I never predicted KB, Cam or anyone.  What I did do is support both of them as possible picks, and I have always supported them as players (even with all their imperfections) and especially as young men.  I was happy as hell when we picked KB, because at that moment I knew that it was between him and Marquise Lee, and i was 75 percent sure that he was going to pick Lee.  And I will tell you this too: i would almost bet money that most of the people who didn't want us to draft Cam didn't want us to draft KB either. 

I personally don't make predictions as much as I inform about someone else's, so I never predicted KB, Cam or anyone. What I did do is support both of them as possible picks, and I have always supported them as players (even with all their imperfections) and especially as young men. I was happy as hell when we picked KB, because at that moment I knew that it was between him and Marquise Lee, and i was 75 percent sure that he was going to pick Lee. And I will tell you this too: i would almost bet money that most of the people who didn't want us to draft Cam didn't want us to draft KB either.

I thought it would be Lee or Latimer and even thought to myself "please don't pick Benjamin." His success last year has me confident a player like Perriman can have instant success in our offense despite the struggles.

DaCityKats said it best in the draft thread on Perriman: "He's a poor mans Julio Jones." Spot on. I'll take that at 25 all day.

I don't know if you've seen it (but you may have since I have done my best to inform people about Perriman), but Greg Cosell made the comparison as well, in that he said they are similar in "size and movement".  To me that's pretty damned good also.  If he can keep improving those hands like he did at his pro day and in the bowl game, then I don't see why anyone wouldn't want him at 25.  If Gettleman picks him, then I will be ecstatic because I believe that Gettleman knows how to spot top talent, and knows how to maximize his top picks.

I don't know if you've seen it (but you may have since I have done my best to inform people about Perriman), but Greg Cosell made the comparison as well, in that he said they are similar in "size and movement". To me that's pretty damned good also. If he can keep improving those hands like he did at his pro day and in the bowl game, then I don't see why anyone wouldn't want him at 25. If Gettleman picks him, then I will be ecstatic because I believe that Gettleman knows how to spot top talent, and knows how to maximize his top picks.

That's one reason I don't worry too much about his route running and needing to improve on that aspect of his game. He's a world class athlete that has the natural ability to sink his hips and get in and out of his breaks without losing speed. He's not stiff but rather is very fluid and a natural runner. Just needs to be coached up.

Not a bad draft but the 1st and 3rd rounders hurt it IMO.  Would rather have Strong or one of the LTs in the first and we'll have much better players available in the 3rd.(like where conley will probably go)

The steal of that draft would be Conley in the 5th....he's going earlier than that but if we got him with a 5th it'd be highway robbery and I would be ecstatic. 

Not a bad draft but the 1st and 3rd rounders hurt it IMO. Would rather have Strong or one of the LTs in the first and we'll have much better players available in the 3rd.(like where conley will probably go)

The steal of that draft would be Conley in the 5th....he's going earlier than that but if we got him with a 5th it'd be highway robbery and I would be ecstatic.

You want Sample in a Panther's uniform. I promise.

You want Sample in a Panther's uniform. I promise.

Maybe in the 4th or 5th I really don't think he's going in the 3rd as a Jr with limited experience as you say.

Plus his partner in crime is the Batman of that duo and is a sick safety so my man didn't have to do much with Holliman snatching any and everything. Rather have Holliman(whose going in the 3rd most likely).

I guess you like his upside which is there i'll give him that...but yea he'd have to sit so I wouldn't want to use a 3rd on that. Now behind Harper and learning for a year as a 5th round pick....that I could deal with.

Maybe in the 4th or 5th I really don't think he's going in the 3rd as a Jr with limited experience as you say.

Plus his partner in crime is the Batman of that duo and is a sick safety so my man didn't have to do much with Holliman snatching any and everything. Rather have Holliman(whose going in the 3rd most likely).

I guess you like his upside which is there i'll give him that...but yea he'd have to sit so I wouldn't want to use a 3rd on that. Now behind Harper and learning for a year as a 5th round pick....that I could deal with.

I want absolutely nothing to do with Holliman. I respect your opinion and the guy certainly put up some great takeaway numbers, but he may be one of the worst tacklers I have ever seen. He's instinctive and pretty smooth back there but for a guy to be a safety and have that size and be reluctant to tackle is alarming. On top of that he ran deathly slow for a safety at his pro day and didn't jump particularly well either. I don't think he's an NFL caliber athlete especially as a safety in a passing league where he will need cover ground and tackle. Can't imagine an aggressive Rivera defense with a guy that refuses to tackle out back. I'm almost positive Sample will be taken before him. Troubling that he's said to give minimal effort and won't always play at full speed. That doesn't sound like a Gettleman guy to me.

I want absolutely nothing to do with Holliman. I respect your opinion and the guy certainly put up some great takeaway numbers, but he may be one of the worst tacklers I have ever seen. He's instinctive and pretty smooth back there but for a guy to be a safety and have that size and be reluctant to tackle is alarming. On top of that he ran deathly slow for a safety at his pro day and didn't jump particularly well either. I don't think he's an NFL caliber athlete especially as a safety in a passing league where he will need cover ground and tackle. Can't imagine an aggressive Rivera defense with a guy that refuses to tackle out back. I'm almost positive Sample will be taken before him. Troubling that he's said to give minimal effort and won't always play at full speed. That doesn't sound like a Gettleman guy to me.

Well to be fair it's really not that great of a Safety class. Last year had 4 Safeties in round 1...this year Collins should be the only one so a lot of the prospects have  some issues. I also have to wonder how much his injury affected some of his tackling since it has been a nagging shoulder injury.

So yeah he'd have to get completely healthy and man up a bit. I don't like either player in the 3rd anyway. If we got Sample in the 5th that'd be just fine...4th is pushing it for me personally but it could happen.

Well to be fair it's really not that great of a Safety class. Last year had 4 Safeties in round 1...this year Collins should be the only one so a lot of the prospects have some issues. I also have to wonder how much his injury affected some of his tackling since it has been a nagging shoulder injury.

So yeah he'd have to get completely healthy and man up a bit. I don't like either player in the 3rd anyway. If we got Sample in the 5th that'd be just fine...4th is pushing it for me personally but it could happen.

Personally, I'd like Clayton Geathers. He needs to be coached up as well, but he has been super productive. He may get a little over aggressive at times which may lead to bad angles, or not give him time to adjust because of overplaying a receiver, but he is a smart, instinctive leader with a good work ethic.

Archived