• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Leaked Batman v Superman Trailer

KissMyConverse

Batfleck was super dope- can't wait for his standalone movie, Alfred was perfect. Eisenberg did a different take on Lex but I think it works fine. Gal Gadot stole the show and felt like she commanded scenes. The Lois Lane arc needs to die in the Justice League movie- maybe one scene with her. 

Also flash looked awesome-wtf are you guys talking about. 

56 minutes ago, SOJA said:

saw it, I liked it a lot but I also love DC so that's no surprise. I can definitely see it's flaws and I see why critics didn't enjoy it, but cmon a 30% on RT? That's laughable - this movie is being judged on what people wanted it to be and not what it is. 

So many things don't make sense, characters with no motivation other than to simply move the plot forward, scenes that feel completely out of place and disjointed, plot holes galore. Frankly I think 30% is being generous. There are some really cool set pieces, and Batman is great for the most part. The costumes are awesome. But Superman is butchered imo, the plot is borderline retarded, the way the other JL characters are introduced is suck a cop-out (computer files, really?). It all just adds up to a major league disappointment.

The comparisons to Transformers are on point. Mindless explosions and CGI, and it'll probably make a lot of money.

This movie would be much better served as a twenty minute YouTube montage.

Batman and Wonder Woman were fine but the rest of the movie was just all over the place. The fact Lex has files on the rest of the Justice League and he's named them already? Lame. Batman with guns. Lame. The fight scene at the end was like one hero keep doomsday busy while the other two get their poo together until Lois can get the spear back and we get beat him. Lame. Emo looking flash? Lame

I really didn't like the first half of the movie. After that big explosion at the hearing, it definitely got better. Everything up to and including that explosion made no sense and felt very contrived.

The CGI fight at the end screamed Fantastic Four to me. I was surprised I didn't hear "he's not stronger than all of us" in there.

2 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

So many things don't make sense, characters with no motivation other than to simply move the plot forward, scenes that feel completely out of place and disjointed, plot holes galore. Frankly I think 30% is being generous. There are some really cool set pieces, and Batman is great for the most part. The costumes are awesome. But Superman is butchered imo, the plot is borderline retarded, the way the other JL characters are introduced is suck a cop-out (computer files, really?). It all just adds up to a major league disappointment.

The comparisons to Transformers are on point. Mindless explosions and CGI, and it'll probably make a lot of money.

This movie would be much better served as a twenty minute YouTube montage.

So you didn't like the plot obviously- and I totally understand and agree that the plot and story was poorly written. But that's only once piece of the movie. 

I think we can agree to disagree on how bad/good the movie was

16 minutes ago, SOJA said:

So you didn't like the plot obviously- and I totally understand and agree that the plot and story was poorly written. But that's only once piece of the movie. 

I think we can agree to disagree on how bad/good the movie was

For me it was more than the plot. The editing, the way Superman is handled in Snyder's world, Doomsday, the way the JL was introduced, the music (especially the drums whenever WW showed up, Luthor (what exactly is his motivation anyway)?, the way Batman and Superman became BFFs (Martha?)...I can go on and on.

I understand some people will like it. It's just too nonsensical for me to get behind.

edit: and I know im probably coming off as pissed, because frankly i am. I've looked forward to this since it was announced years ago, and it basically turned out to be worst case scenario in my book. 

23 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

For me it was more than the plot. The editing, the way Superman is handled in Snyder's world, Doomsday, the way the JL was introduced, the music (especially the drums whenever WW showed up, Luthor (what exactly is his motivation anyway)?, the way Batman and Superman became BFFs (Martha?)...I can go on and on.

I understand some people will like it. It's just too nonsensical for me to get behind.

edit: and I know im probably coming off as pissed, because frankly i am. I've looked forward to this since it was announced years ago, and it basically turned out to be worst case scenario in my book. 

Honestly the batman/superman Martha thing isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Batman as a concept and symbol has always been to avenge his parents. You are going to tell me, given the chance to save a mom also named Martha batman wouldn't/shouldn't actually do that? It made sense to me and it was a nice way to tie them together. At this point Batman realizes he isn't just some alien, he has human attatchment, he has a mom that he wants to protect. Batman can identify with that.

51 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

yea I definitely understand your frustration 

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I like that angle too. It felt a little forced but it's not the first time Batman and Superman bonded over something so miniscule. It was a nice touch by Snyder in my opinion. The line that Batman delivers to Superman was emotionally powerful: "I promise you, Martha will NOT die tonight!"

Now, Cary, I absolutely agree with you over the editing and characterizations. Superman got the shaft BUT Snyder (despite failing to execute properly) made Superman greatly appreciated in a world that turned its back on him. I personally adored the montage of TV pundits and analysts talking about Superman as a weapon or threat, and humanity's history with 'saviors'. Let's face it. That's exactly how we would treat a metahuman or alien in our world. Some would declare him a hero or a God but others affected by his actions would despise him.

It was a very ballsy move. Granted, when people go to the theaters, they don't want to be reminded of terrorism or humanity's flaws but I think that's what makes the DCEU special. They're not pulling any punches. That's why I was a massive fan of Watchmen too.

30-40 minutes were cut. Hopefully the Ultimate Edition builds up Batman's and Superman's motivations but either way I'm fine with a two year slow burn that caused Batman to become emotionally compromised and unstable. I just wish that Snyder didn't add those pointless subplots (guy in wheelchair, prototype bullet, etc).

Yeah I get the emotional impact of Batman realizing Superman is "human" after all because he has a mother. It's just really dumb how it comes about imo. Why didn't Superman just tell him that from the get go?

A few more things that have been brought up on other sites:

Why did Lex even use prototype bullets? It's like signing the bullets himself to be traced back. The entire incident in Africa to frame Superman is retarded. Obviously Superman didn't gun down those people. And also, the reporter with Louis at the beginning that gets executed...that's Jimmy Olsen. Snyder put that in as a "joke" because Olsen "didn't have room in my version of this universe" as Snyder says. So he executes one of Superman's best friends and admirers right off the bat.

Also, get this poo:

Originally Snyder wanted Jesse Eisenberg for this role. He wanted to do a Psycho fake out, killing off a well-known actor so that the audience would be off their guard. But that meeting made a change in the movie. 

“I said, ‘I want to do this misdirect and you’d be great. You’d be a great Jimmy Olsen,’” the director says. “And he’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s cool,’ and he was being very Jesse in the meeting. Introverted but constantly going, ‘Okay, I see, uh-huh. So it’s sort of a pop-culture redirect, you’re gonna do, because of the certain status of an actor…”

“I was like, ‘Wow, that guy is crazy… Debbie, what about Jesse as Lex?”

And out of that meeting Snyder, who had previously been meeting with Bryan Cranston, decided to make Lex Luthor younger. The rest is history. Says Snyder: 

“Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

I wanted Cranston as Lex (I think everyone did)

Make Zuckerberg Jimmy Olsen, Cranston as Lex, and I immediately like the movie better. I just really, really hated that version of Lex. Even having the "cool" hip office just made me think I was watching an updated version of the Social Network and Zuckerberg got a little pissed. 

25 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I wanted Cranston as Lex (I think everyone did)

Make Zuckerberg Jimmy Olsen, Cranston as Lex, and I immediately like the movie better. I just really, really hated that version of Lex. Even having the "cool" hip office just made me think I was watching an updated version of the Social Network and Zuckerberg got a little pissed. 

Exactly. What in the actual fug Snyder was thinking is beyond me.

it does seem like DC has put their entire franchise in the hands of Snyder- damn that idea of having Jesse as Jimmy Olson and killing him off would not have been that bad- and Cranston as Lex would have been epic

I have to ask if anyone knows- why isn't Geoff Johns more involved? 

Archived