• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Your Local Craft Breweries Here!

Montsta

I've got one of those shirts too! I love it!

My next post will be eight bridges.

And yes, Maui Waui is an awesome frickin beer. It even smells like weed.

I have yet to go into 8 bridges. That it's in a random location hasn't helped. But I've had them at last years art festival.

You mentioned Faction in another post, I'm going to check them out. I just took over a property in Emeryville (property sharing parking lot with Home Depot), so should have some time.

Fun fact about Emeryville, the AMC movie theater there has a full bar. You're welcome.

I have yet to go into 8 bridges. That it's in a random location hasn't helped. But I've had them at last years art festival.

You mentioned Faction in another post, I'm going to check them out. I just took over a property in Emeryville (property sharing parking lot with Home Depot), so should have some time.

Fun fact about Emeryville, the AMC movie theater there has a full bar. You're welcome.

Faction is awesome. It's at the end of the abandoned naval base in Alameda. It seriously looks like you are driving through Zombie Apocalypse and then when you just start freaking out about where you are, there is a fat faction brewing sign. It's pretty sweet.

Edit: oh and to return the favor, when you got to Faction get the Anomaly Milk Stout on Nitro. You're welcome.

Monsta, a buddy of mine was telling me about Pliny the elder and how it's impossible to get. I remember from a different thread you mentioned said beer. Can you get it? If so, what can I give you in trade ?

So here's the thing with Pliny The Elder, and this is going to be a very long post, so if you aren't interested, move the fug along nothing to see here; it's difficult to get because the people at Russian River are (from what I hear) somewhat difficult to work with. The best comparison I've heard is like a Steve Jobs. He was very particular and if you didn't do things the way he wanted, you're fuged.

For example, the liquor store I buy most of my craft brew at here in Livermore is called Perry's and is owned by a guy that also owns a craft beer bar downtown called The Beer Baron. He had a distribution arrangement setup with Russian River (which is hard enough to get as it is, they intentionally short the market to keep demand high) to be able to sell their 750mL bottles in his store (yes, 750mL bottles, because RR refuses to do 22oz. bombers like everyone else on the planet, fugers).

Well, he decided to sell the Pliny in his other establishment as well, and they basically Vegas-Al-Capone-style blacklisted him for life.

Another one is that a pizza place I used to go to all the time in Fremont has 32 micro brews on tap rotating. The guy there told me RR won't distribute to them, because years ago the City of Fremont denied permits to RR for like a brewpub location and so now RR won't distribute to anyone in that city.

BevMo is a huge chain liquor store here in Cali, and RR won't even distribute to them (which is a godsend contract if you make craft beer) because BevMo wouldn't guarantee cooler space, just space on the shelf like everyone else. Russian River didn't want someone to pickup a beer and drink it warm and god forbid not like it, so they declined.

That being said, they deserve to have their beer experienced under their terms, because it is widely considered throughout the beer world as exceptional, and it is. So they are very careful about who they distribute to, and again, they intentionally short the market to keep a cult-like status.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Yes, I get Pliny all the time. I live a couple of hours drive from the brewery, so my wife and I will take a trip out that way every few months and I'll buy a couple cases of Pliny as well as Blind Pig (which I actually like better than Pliny, but both are great beers). While out there, we typically stop at Bear Republic in Healdsburg (of Racer 5 fame) and Lagunitas in Petaluma.

I don't know what the laws are for shipping alcohol, but so long as we aren't breaking any rules I'd be happy to buy you a case and ship it to you. Just pay me for the cost of the beer and shipping, I certainly won't mark it up or anything. I'll PM you next time I go out there, which will hopefully be soon because I'm out of BP and only have two Pliny's left that I've been saving for Warriors playoff basketball. :cheers:

post-1049-142933241869_thumb.jpg

Wait a second.... there's two Panther fans in Livermore?

I need to make it down sometime next year and watch a game. Being the only Panther fan at the bar gets old.

montsta is the only other Panthers, A's and Dubs fan I know that I haven't spawned from my own seed. That he lives in Livermore as well is crazy.

So here's the thing with Pliny The Elder, and this is going to be a very long post, so if you aren't interested, move the fug along nothing to see here; it's difficult to get because the people at Russian River are (from what I hear) somewhat difficult to work with. The best comparison I've heard is like a Steve Jobs. He was very particular and if you didn't do things the way he wanted, you're fuged.

For example, the liquor store I buy most of my craft brew at here in Livermore is called Perry's and is owned by a guy that also owns a craft beer bar downtown called The Beer Baron. He had a distribution arrangement setup with Russian River (which is hard enough to get as it is, they intentionally short the market to keep demand high) to be able to sell their 750mL bottles in his store (yes, 750mL bottles, because RR refuses to do 22oz. bombers like everyone else on the planet, fugers).

Well, he decided to sell the Pliny in his other establishment as well, and they basically Vegas-Al-Capone-style blacklisted him for life.

Another one is that a pizza place I used to go to all the time in Fremont has 32 micro brews on tap rotating. The guy there told me RR won't distribute to them, because years ago the City of Fremont denied permits to RR for like a brewpub location and so now RR won't distribute to anyone in that city.

BevMo is a huge chain liquor store here in Cali, and RR won't even distribute to them (which is a godsend contract if you make craft beer) because BevMo wouldn't guarantee cooler space, just space on the shelf like everyone else. Russian River didn't want someone to pickup a beer and drink it warm and god forbid not like it, so they declined.

That being said, they deserve to have their beer experienced under their terms, because it is widely considered throughout the beer world as exceptional, and it is. So they are very careful about who they distribute to, and again, they intentionally short the market to keep a cult-like status.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Yes, I get Pliny all the time. I live a couple of hours drive from the brewery, so my wife and I will take a trip out that way every few months and I'll buy a couple cases of Pliny as well as Blind Pig (which I actually like better than Pliny, but both are great beers). While out there, we typically stop at Bear Republic in Healdsburg (of Racer 5 fame) and Lagunitas in Petaluma.

I don't know what the laws are for shipping alcohol, but so long as we aren't breaking any rules I'd be happy to buy you a case and ship it to you. Just pay me for the cost of the beer and shipping, I certainly won't mark it up or anything. I'll PM you next time I go out there, which will hopefully be soon because I'm out of BP and only have two Pliny's left that I've been saving for Warriors playoff basketball. :cheers:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1429332417.048726.jpg

I was just at beer barons. Took off for the card place for a little BJ on a date night with wife and ran into a couple Raider OL (Khalif Barnes and Matt McCants)

post-3269-0-56041800-1429341147_thumb.jp

Archived