• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurry up Offense.

weyco2000

I thought one of the few bright spots last Sat. vs. the Ravens, was when the offense went hurry up. I thought it caught the Ravens completely off guard. I think Jake performs better at this pace, which matches his personality. I'm listing below some of the reasons I think we could benefit more by going to the Hurry Up more often.

1) As I mentioned before, Jake is more effective when he's not forced to slow down. Think about how many drives he's led before the half and at the end of games.

2) Changes the snap count and keeps the Defense guessing. How many times have we seen teams in the backfield due to the same snap count?

3) The RB's all are capable of splitting out or catching the ball out of the backfield and (I know I'm gonna get dogged for this statement!) D'lo or Goodson can run wildcat. Just another wrinkle for teams to gameplan against.

4) 2 of 3 TE's are quick enough to split out, I think this would suit Rosario perfectly (like the Colts use Dallas Clark)

5) I'm not saying throw the ball every down, you can run the ball effectively in a hurry up. I would however like to see the Offense open it up a little more only if its screen passes to Smitty or the backs. Catching a Defense in run stop mode and then just hurrying up to the line, would open up alot of downfield opportunities.

You know what? I'll take our slow-ass, methodical, run Williams and Stewart down their throats offense every day. Do that all game, and when Jake DOES hurry up he'll be deadly.

Start out with the hurry-up or go to the pass-first mentality early and watch him throw five INTs. :)

Hurry-Up Offense or No-Huddle Offense? There is a difference.

Hurry-Up offense usually has predetermined plays already set and the main goal is to take as little time off the play and time clock as possible.

No-Huddle offense usually has plays called and changed at the line of schimmage and is able to take as much time off the play clock as the quarterback wants.

No team can run the hurry-up more than a couple of minutes per half or their offensive line, espcially one like the Panthers have, would be completely exausted by the end of the first quarter.

And while I am a supportor of Jakes, I don't think he has the ability to run a no-huddle offense ie the colts for an entire game.

My point being run the hurry up more than twice a game, maybe twice a half. Don't get me wrong I love seeing us run the ball also but its like teams know whats coming. I look too see Davidson going to this more often this year. As far as Jake is concerned, I'm not a big fan either but lets put him in a comfort zone. Thanks for the feedback!

I thought one of the few bright spots last Sat. vs. the Ravens, was when the offense went hurry up. I thought it caught the Ravens completely off guard. I think Jake performs better at this pace, which matches his personality. I'm listing below some of the reasons I think we could benefit more by going to the Hurry Up more often.

1) As I mentioned before, Jake is more effective when he's not forced to slow down. Think about how many drives he's led before the half and at the end of games.

2) Changes the snap count and keeps the Defense guessing. How many times have we seen teams in the backfield due to the same snap count?

3) The RB's all are capable of splitting out or catching the ball out of the backfield and (I know I'm gonna get dogged for this statement!) D'lo or Goodson can run wildcat. Just another wrinkle for teams to gameplan against.

4) 2 of 3 TE's are quick enough to split out, I think this would suit Rosario perfectly (like the Colts use Dallas Clark)

5) I'm not saying throw the ball every down, you can run the ball effectively in a hurry up. I would however like to see the Offense open it up a little more only if its screen passes to Smitty or the backs. Catching a Defense in run stop mode and then just hurrying up to the line, would open up alot of downfield opportunities.

You should write a letter to Jeff Davidson quoting this entire idea. Awesome idea, I never really thought of it, and your absolutely right. Its dead on, Jake performs better at a faster pace, that is probably why he has all those 4th quarter comebacks. We do have a great skill to run the no huddle, so maybe we see this sometimes.

Archived